HR2x / R22 Software Release 8/22 v.034C (Addition of Double-Play & More)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
.... buuuut ..... this isn't like Tivo where I can turn on the receiver in the morning and have one hour of programing available on each tuner to go back over, right ? ( Not complaining, just clarifying. :) )

Regards,

UB. :)
I'd suspect that you'd still have the buffer for the foreground tuner. The background buffer would be lost since the 2 hour limit has passed.

Hmmm, maybe a universal remote that has a timer macro would help. Set a macro to fire a remote command every 115 minutes. :)

I think that would cause some issues. The reason why directv is shutting off the second buffer after 2 hours is so they can do some housekeeping and use the second tuner for BS like recording directv cinema and other materials off of the satellite.

Bad audio and some video stuttering.

I note some folks are reporting stuttering over in the CE 350 thread as well. I'm running 34c and have had slight video stuttering and really bad audio stuttering since getting the s/w. Reboot fixes it. One receiver actually went to completely muting the audio but if I hit a button that made the 'boop' error tone, it'd start the audio again with bad stuttering and slowly go back to mute. Live tv and recorded media.

HR20-100's. They seem to run a day or so before the stutters set in. One receiver is more prone to it than the other.

Strangely, mine didn't DL overnight, but did when I prompted it manually this morning. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet...

Hmm. 312 is still showing as the active firmware, with 34c just showing up in the middle of the night for a few hours.

I did a reboot and a 02468 when I woke up at 2:30 the other night and it downloaded 34c. Might just be a coincidence.

Supposedly, until directv authorizes your receiver for it, it wont get it even if you force a download.

It did come down for me when I forced it in the middle of the night while it was in the stream. So either it was a complete coincidence that directv had just authorized my receivers or you can force a download on your own and get it.

Seems a lot of folks on 'the other site' wet their longjohns when someone asks if they can force a download and get it 'before their time', saying that you cant. Maybe too much longjohn wetting.

Looks like if you did a forced download now and have a HR20-100 you'd get the 034C software.

Last edited:
Hmm, I made a post about the availability of 34c (only on 20-100's right now) and included a link to the firmware monitor.

For some reason the post didnt 'take'. I made a post without the link and it 'took'. Tried another one with the link, and it didnt show.

Are posts containing links to the firmware monitor being disallowed?

Grabbed 34C last night. Double Play works great ! One note though .... the normally greyed-out "Access Card" option is gone from the main menu. I wonder why they removed it. It must be a hidden menu item, activated by a user inputed key sequence, in response to direction from a CSR.

Hmm, I made a post about the availability of 34c (only on 20-100's right now) and included a link to the firmware monitor.

For some reason the post didnt 'take'. I made a post without the link and it 'took'. Tried another one with the link, and it didnt show.

Are posts containing links to the firmware monitor being disallowed?

Both your posts and the link are above.

The forum software retitles the link as: "DirecTV Firmware Watcher "

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts