HR2x / R22 Software Release 8/22 v.034C (Addition of Double-Play & More)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Both your posts and the link are above.

The forum software retitles the link as: "DirecTV Firmware Watcher "

Then you can see something I cant see. I made two posts pointing to the firmware watcher but after hitting 'post' the thread refreshed without my post. I tried it twice, no dice. Then I made a post of just 'test' and it appeared'. Then I made a post with just the firmware monitor link and it didnt appear.

Not having any problems on any post that doesnt contain that particular link.

Is there something that limits or restricts the viewing of posts with certain types of links in them? Because you can see them and I cant.

I also finally got this update and played around with Double Play a bit last night. It's nice to finally have this feature! One thing I'd like to know is what happens after 2 hours of using Double Play? What if I start watching 2 football games simultaneously using Double Play? After 2 hours, will I lose the buffers of the two games? If so, that seems pretty crappy.

I am still waiting for this update to my H23/700. I wonder how much longer it will be til my receiver gets the new software.

I also finally got this update and played around with Double Play a bit last night. It's nice to finally have this feature! One thing I'd like to know is what happens after 2 hours of using Double Play? What if I start watching 2 football games simultaneously using Double Play? After 2 hours, will I lose the buffers of the two games? If so, that seems pretty crappy.

As long as you're still actively flipping around between the two, it'll stay active.

After two hours of not doing anything with the background buffer, it'll drop.

The "is it still on?" thing makes it a nearly useless feature for me. 90% of the time when I used DLB on the tivo it was turning on the tv and seeing a show that was halfway over that looked interesting and rewinding it to watch. With the dual buffers I had two shots of something interesting on live tv.

I guess if I watched live sports or liked news channel flipping it'd be useful. Stuff you have to activate and then hope doesnt expire on you seem less useful. But I guess due to the architectural limitations, they needed the tuner for housekeeping, guide data stuff and push content.

I got the update yesterday morning around 3 in central MA.. just thought I would post incase anyone is following the update across the map to see when they would be getting it.... I would assume that the rollout is almost complete if it has made its way to me

Still streaming 312 for the 21-700, but everything else is on 34c. So if you dont have a 21-700 and force a download, you should get it.

I found an old bug that was in an early MRV release and fixed later in the CE, which appears to have re-emerged in the NR. When you're deleting shows in a folder, be careful...sometimes after you delete one it jumps to some random point in the playlist, often inside another folder. My wife wanted to delete three shows out of a folder and ended up deleting two completely different shows when it jumped on the second and third. I saw it do it on the last delete.

As long as you're still actively flipping around between the two, it'll stay active.

After two hours of not doing anything with the background buffer, it'll drop.

The "is it still on?" thing makes it a nearly useless feature for me. 90% of the time when I used DLB on the tivo it was turning on the tv and seeing a show that was halfway over that looked interesting and rewinding it to watch. With the dual buffers I had two shots of something interesting on live tv.

I guess if I watched live sports or liked news channel flipping it'd be useful. Stuff you have to activate and then hope doesnt expire on you seem less useful. But I guess due to the architectural limitations, they needed the tuner for housekeeping, guide data stuff and push content.

DoublePlay has an anykeypress reactivation timeout feature built in it, this means once you have activated DoublePlay and you press any key on the remote control(except volume and mute) the 2 hour timeout feature resets and starts again.;):)

I must of been the first to get it.. Tues early AM.
In fact, I was watching Roseanne and the unit kept asking me to do the DL.
I kept hitting "wait" (whatever it was, postpone or something).
Finally I let it DL and update. Didn’t take too long for the process, maybe less than 30 min total.
The double play is nice but I was use to not having it. DISH net had this too. I was surprised DTV didn’t when I first got DTV. Its no really biggie to me.
My issue is the playing media. I have a networked hard drive that I play video off of. It’s a server. With my LG BluRay 390 the "streaming" files must be .AVI format for the LG BR 390. However, these .avi files will ""not"" play on the DTV receiver, even though the avi files show up under the server and folder on the dtv unit. So Im guessing the DTV media player option uses .mpeg1 or .mpeg2 or .mp4.
THis really annoys me. Seems each and every media player device only supports one video format.
So you must convert to a format in order to play on one device, then another convert for another device to be happy. WHY??? Can't these companies support all standard formats like mpeg1 mpeg2 mp4 and... avi ??? Get with it guys... PLEASE!

It’s like having a family where one kid can't have salt, the other can't have fried foods, the other can't eat bread and still another cannot have dairy products. So the poor mother cooks like 4 different ways to make everyone happy.

Finally I let it DL and update. Didn’t take too long for the process, maybe less than 30 min total.
The double play is nice but I was use to not having it. DISH net had this too. I was surprised DTV didn’t when I first got DTV. Its no really biggie to me.
My issue is the playing media. I have a networked hard drive that I play video off of. It’s a server. With my LG BluRay 390 the "streaming" files must be .AVI format for the LG BR 390. However, these .avi files will ""not"" play on the DTV receiver, even though the avi files show up under the server and folder on the dtv unit. So Im guessing the DTV media player option uses .mpeg1 or .mpeg2 or .mp4.
THis really annoys me. Seems each and every media player device only supports one video format.
So you must convert to a format in order to play on one device, then another convert for another device to be happy. WHY??? Can't these companies support all standard formats like mpeg1 mpeg2 mp4 and... avi ??? Get with it guys... PLEASE!

It’s like having a family where one kid can't have salt, the other can't have fried foods, the other can't eat bread and still another cannot have dairy products. So the poor mother cooks like 4 different ways to make everyone happy.

Only one satellite provider gives you access to 2-90 minute live buffers and that's the DirecTV HR2xs.The other's have 2 live buffers with less time,I believe their's is 2-60 minute live buffers.;)

cant please EVERYONE.. no system is perfect.

Only one satellite provider gives you access to 2-90 minute live buffers and that's the DirecTV HR2xs.The other's have 2 live buffers with less time,I believe their's is 2-60 minute live buffers.;)

Yeah, but they stay on and dont require activation to work and then drop off if you dont stay on it.

When we first got the HR20s, my wife noticed the lack of dlb almost immediately. My wife liked recording the 5am news and 99% of the time the box would stay on that channel for the next couple of hours. So she could watch the early news and then look at the buffer to see the later news updates.

Wasnt working on the HR's. It'd often use the background tuner to do the recording and the foreground tuner would be on some kids channel.

When the DLB release came out in CE I showed it to her. Doesnt do what she wanted since it doesnt stay on.

So now we've got a bunch of series links for various news shows, making the 50 series link limit a bigger problem.

Yeah, but they stay on and dont require activation to work and then drop off if you dont stay on it.

When we first got the HR20s, my wife noticed the lack of dlb almost immediately. My wife liked recording the 5am news and 99% of the time the box would stay on that channel for the next couple of hours. So she could watch the early news and then look at the buffer to see the later news updates.

Wasnt working on the HR's. It'd often use the background tuner to do the recording and the foreground tuner would be on some kids channel.

When the DLB release came out in CE I showed it to her. Doesnt do what she wanted since it doesnt stay on.

So now we've got a bunch of series links for various news shows, making the 50 series link limit a bigger problem.

Alot of DirecTV subscribers solved that problem early by having 2 HR2xs on the same HDTV.:)

Super. Only $200 and $5 a month to fix what could have been done right in the first place and 2 years ago?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts