HR34 700 Genie Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AJF316

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
Florida
Got the Genie 7 days ago. When i go to Search and Browse then TV Shows it says "TV Shows is currently updating. Please check back in 1 hour." It has said this since i got it. Also says the same for the All Movies "All Movies is currently updating. Please Check back in 1 hour. I cant find the option to turn on or off genie either. But i think that is in the Tv Shows which i cant get to. Also I had youtube and pandora until i force updated. Now they are not there. My question is how long does it take for the check back in 1 hour to go away and it start working. Is there anything I can do. or has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. I have reset a bunch of times. The software I have now is 0x6b1. Got that on sunday 3/10/13 SWiM says connected and so does internet. On demand also works fine. Everything seems to work except the TV Shows and All Movies under search and browse and Youtube and Pandora going away after the update. Also nothing shows under My Directv it says "My Directv offers programs watched frequently, plus other shows you might like. Check back later and we'll have shows to share."

Thanks
Anthony

Thanks. I have done that. It still is having the same issues. I know some other people have said they had the problem too but never saw anyone answer if and when it was fixed. It's been about 48 hours since the last time I have pushed the red button.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As texasbrit said. My D* installer told me it could take 3 days to populate and a week for full functionality.

Thanks. Just starting to worry cause its gonna be coming up on 8 days.

Thanks. Just starting to worry cause its gonna be coming up on 8 days.

You may have had it installed 8 days ago but when you download new software/red button reset you're starting over so just relax, drink a beer, and wait. It'll all pop in as soon as it loads...normally ;)

Thanks Hutch. So does that mean every time you do a reset you will lose the YouTube app and pandora and the genie recommends feature.

Just a nit... The DirecTV logo on the client is an on/off switch. The main value is to release a tuner for other needs like recording.

i just had install last saturday, i noticed i had the same 1hr message if i had "genie recommends" turned off, turned it on, and the 1 hr wait message was gone not long after.

not sure if they tie in, but that's my story.

How do you turn it on. I looked through settings and can't find anything.

Just a nit... The DirecTV logo on the client is an on/off switch. The main value is to release a tuner for other needs like recording.

Don't do it if your remote is configured as RF remote. The logo switch is more that a simple on/off. It reset the client to its default setting as IR remote and your remote will stop functioning!

How do you turn it on. I looked through settings and can't find anything.

go to "TV shows", then bottom left hand side is "genie settings", select that and then select "turn Genie Recommends on"

:

menu,search and browse,Tv shows,Genie settings,turn genie recommendson, ok

I can't do that. That's the problem I am having. When I go to tv shows it says check back in 1 hour. It doesn't let me go any farther than that. All I can push is ok after the message pops up. But it doesn't let me in.

weird, when i turn off genie recommends, then exit, i go back in, i get the check back in an hour message in the main part of the screen,but on theleft side i still have choices to select

Tech will be here in about 10 mins. The Genie we have is far worse than the 24 we had before. Lip sync issues etc. If I reset this thing one more time....

weird, when i turn off genie recommends, then exit, i go back in, i get the check back in an hour message in the main part of the screen,but on theleft side i still have choices to select

Ya I wish I could see that part lol. Not sure what I am missing if there is a lot of stuff to do in there. ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1363466071.066397.jpg

This is what I see. Push continue it goes right back to the menu you see in the background.

So the tech came out and within 20 secs. noticed that the software was incorrect. He says that this was causing most of the problems. Also he did a whole system check and noticed that the 103 satellite was very low signal wise which he says could be causing the freezing problem. He is still here adjusting the dish, etc. DTV owes me...

Jeff

So the tech came out and within 20 secs. noticed that the software was incorrect. He says that this was causing most of the problems. Also he did a whole system check and noticed that the 103 satellite was very low signal wise which he says could be causing the freezing problem. He is still here adjusting the dish, etc. DTV owes me...

Jeff

What version software did you have. And did he put it back to the national. If so did you lose your recordings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)