HR34 Deleted 5 Months Worth of Recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hammer32

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
So, our HR34 decided to delete all of our recordings going back to mid-December. I have had to do an RBR every week for the last two months. I'm very disappointed with this product and with DirecTV's customer service. I'm now out $199 for the HR34 which they are taking back, $199 for a TiVo to replace it, and $250-300 to replace all of the lost programming (at $2.99/episode on iTunes)... And after 5.5 hours on the phone I sit down and discover they've apparently accidentally cancelled service on the DRV in our living room. Argh. :(

hammer32 said:
So, our HR34 decided to delete all of our recordings going back to mid-December. I have had to do an RBR every week for the last two months. I'm very disappointed with this product and with DirecTV's customer service. I'm now out $199 for the HR34 which they are taking back, $199 for a TiVo to replace it, and $250-300 to replace all of the lost programming (at $2.99/episode on iTunes)... And after 5.5 hours on the phone I sit down and discover they've apparently accidentally cancelled service on the DRV in our living room. Argh. :(

5 months? The 34 was launched on February. If you bought anything on iTunes it's still there on your account. How exactly did you get iTunes in the 34? And considering you received a brand new receiver what did you expect? They're going to have hiccups and issues for at least the 12 months. It's like anything else brand new, you're going to have some headache with it until the issues are all resolved

I believe he is saying it would cost him $300 to repurchase programs that he had saved on his HR34 when the hard drive formatted.

Yes it sucks losing things you recorded, but your comparison is quite a stretch.

Bear in mind that activating the new Tivo on your account will start a new 2 year commitment.

Iceberg said:
I thought the February launch was for current subs?
New subs have had access to the HR34 for a while now

It launched like a week earlier for new subs. I don't remember the exact date but unless he was in a test market he got it in February

I believe he is saying it would cost him $300 to repurchase programs that he had saved on his HR34 when the hard drive formatted.

Yes it sucks losing things you recorded, but your comparison is quite a stretch.

Bear in mind that activating the new Tivo on your account will start a new 2 year commitment.
Hammer,
And the possibility of losing your recordings on the Tivo unit are about the same...

While it doesn't happen often, fluky things Do happen from time to time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts