trouble adding new receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

celticben

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I bought an owned H24-100 off Ebay. I want to add it to my current set up. I have a HR24-100 DVR and a H24-700with a Whole Home DVR setup. I split the cable from the HR24-700 so it would also work on the new H24-100. When I hook it up it stays on Step 1 of 2 Checking satellite settings. I know the connection works because I hooked the 700 up to test the connection before I ordered the 100. Any clue what could be causing the issue with the 100 not finding the satellite?

Did you use a SWM splitter and have you let the receiver run its course checking all the settings? It may go into searching for satellite if it has never been hooked up to SWM before and make sure there is no B-band on it. Are you sure the receiver is owned? If its leased you'll be required to send it back to directv and they won't activate it on your account.

It is owned. I confirmed it with DirecTV and I bought a new access card for it. I did not use a SWM splitter. I used a generic splitter. The 24-700 work fine inn both locations but the 24-100 continues on Step 1 Checking Settings. I do not have a B band hooked up.

It is owned. I confirmed it with DirecTV and I bought a new access card for it. I did not use a SWM splitter. I used a generic splitter. The 24-700 work fine inn both locations but the 24-100 continues on Step 1 Checking Settings. I do not have a B band hooked up.
A generic splitter will not work, remove it and try again.

What dish are you using, I'm guessing it's a Slimline, If it is, is it a SWM set up or a Non SWM set up your trying to do ?
How many connections at the LNB available ?

As stated you need to remove the splitter. Only a approved SWM splitter will allow the signal to pass both legs. A normal splitter will just split the signal in half.

As stated you need to remove the splitter. Only a approved SWM splitter will allow the signal to pass both legs. A normal splitter will just split the signal in half.

Hutch, are you guessing it's a SWM set up ?
I would imagine it is, but we don't know for sure.
Do you need a SWM for the Whole Home set up ?

Jimbo said:
Hutch, are you guessing it's a SWM set up ?
I would imagine it is, but we don't know for sure.
Do you need a SWM for the Whole Home set up ?

You don't have to if you have an old MRV setup with direct lines but considering the receivers he has I'm going to trust my gut and say its SWM.

It is a SWM set up. I unhooked the generic splitter and put it back like the installer did, using a SWM splitter going to my bedroom. When I hook up the H24-700, it works fine. When I unhook it and hook up the H24-100 in its place, all it does is Step 1 check satellite settings. The box & card are active. I can't get the box to do anything.

If you let it sit for longer then 5 minutes and it's still stuck on step 1 you're receiver is bad. Hate to break the news but you'll have to have it replaced by directv :(

Btw, I win Jimbo! ;)

I did the 02468 code and it downloaded the latest software. It rebooted and is once again stuck on Step 1. My guess is that it is box. I can swap it out for another one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts