HR34 doesn't support "padding" according to Android app..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Visitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
The Big Apple
I tried to schedule my HR34 to record a sporting event on the Android app - and also add 30 minutes at the end of the recording (in fact, the app defaulted to add 30 minutes). However when I tried to save it, it gave me an error that tells me that my HR34 doesn't support padding. I'm not sure exactly what that means because I pad my sporting events fine (30 mins extra) when I do it from the DVR itself. Or am I misunderstand this error message?

I ended up switching my recording to my HR24 which accepted the request fine and without issue. (thank goodness for whole home dvr...)

Is this a problem with the app? I am on the latest CE which from what it seems is also the national release with my HR34.

2012-03-30_12-49-48.JPG

The HR34 does supports padding. I do it all the time but not on the app. I set it on the receiver.

Yeah, when I set my sports recordings on the receiver, I can pad it w/o issue. I wonder why the app doesn't think it supports it. Seems obvious to be an app issue I guess. Just now if I set a sports recording remotely, I need to sched it on my HR24 if I want to pad 30 mins at the end.

Yeah, when I set my sports recordings on the receiver, I can pad it w/o issue. I wonder why the app doesn't think it supports it. Seems obvious to be an app issue I guess. Just now if I set a sports recording remotely, I need to sched it on my HR24 if I want to pad 30 mins at the end.

Try doing it again on the 34 and see if it actually does add the extra time when it does the recording.
This would let you know if the App just errored out or if it doesn't accept it thru the app.

Visitor,I have this issue as well with the app and the hr34. It's the app.

Try doing it again on the 34 and see if it actually does add the extra time when it does the recording.
This would let you know if the App just errored out or if it doesn't accept it thru the app.

Hey Jimbo, the app doesn't let you proceed to send the recording instructions to the HR34 when that error pops up.

Thanks for verifying rey_1178.. This does make scheduling sporting events tricky.

This has been like this since the HR34 hit. It seems like the app itself needs fixing. But as things go at Directv these days, nothing gets fixed in a timely manner anymore. So who knows when this will be fixed.

Hey Jimbo, the app doesn't let you proceed to send the recording instructions to the HR34 when that error pops up.

Thanks for verifying rey_1178.. This does make scheduling sporting events tricky.
You could always just set it to record the program after. True, you will likely end up recording more than you need, but at least you wont miss anything. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts