Sat info for my area(08330). Pls help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Depep

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Hi guys. I use to be a DirecTV customer 3-4 years ago. The reason I had to cancel my service was because I could not get the signal from sat 119 and that was messing up my receiver. I live in South Jersey, and my zip code is 08330. Recently my friend installed DirecTV and I notice on his dish there was only one LNB. At the time I had three. And when I checked on his receiver the signal from the satellites, I could not find 119. I want to know did they change something, and if I decide to go back to DirecTV would I still had to get the signal from sat. 119? I try to call and ask the DirecTV representative, but I don’t want to bother you with his useless answer. So if somebody knows if sat 119 is still operational for the east coast, and what satellites would have to be visible from my house so I can get the service. My zip code is 08330. I have a limited place where I can install the dish. I live in an association and I’m not allowed to put the dish on the roof of the building. From that place I had no problem with sat 101 and 110, but sat 119 was behind the tree.
Thank you and I appreciate your help.

This info provided by Directv for your market

Hardware Requirements
Zip Code: 08330 Market: Philadelphia PA

Local channels available
Local HD Programming Available

Primary Local Channels
Hardware Requirements
Receiver:Any DIRECTV Receiver
Dish:Any Satellite Dish
Satellite Position:101
Local Channel
(multi-sat receivers)
AffiliateNetwork3-Digit Channel
(for older receivers)
3KYWCBS911
23NJNPBS907
10WCAUNBC904
69WFMZInd928
28WFPATFT922
12WHYYPBS905
29WTXFFOX908
44WMCNInd921
35WYBEETV909
60WBPHInd
61WPPXION912
33WZPAAZA923
6WPVIABC903
51WTVEInd925
39WLVTPBS910
17WPHLMNT906
57WPSGCW924
62WWSITMO929

Local HD Programming
Hardware Requirements
Receiver:DIRECTV MPEG 4 Capable Receiver
Dish:KaKu Satellite Dish (example: Slimline)
Satellite Position:103
Local Channel
(multi-sat receivers)
AffiliateNetwork3-Digit Channel
(for older receivers)
65WUVPUNI
39WLVTPBS
17WPHLMNT
35-2WYBE2ETV
6WPVIABC
3KYWCBS
29WTXFFOX
10WCAUNBC
57WPSGCW
12WHYYPBS

transparent.gif
orange_help.gif
orange_faqs.gif

Depep, are you talking about sd or hd? If hd, then you would have a sls3 lnb, which sees 99, 101, and 103. The three lnbs are in one enclosure so it may look like there is only one. I think you may be confusing sd and hd lnbs.

Depep, are you talking about sd or hd? If hd, then you would have a sls3 lnb, which sees 99, 101, and 103. The three lnbs are in one enclosure so it may look like there is only one. I think you may be confusing sd and hd lnbs.

Chip,
Regardless, he only needs the SL3 dish unless his locals are on the 119, I'm gonna guess here that were looking for HD signals, not SD, as you know the HD will be on the 99 or 103 Sat.

I will check on his locals shortly.

Looks like his locals come out of Philly.
They would be on the 103 Sat / 15, btw, the SD is on the 101 Sat.

Thank you guys for your respond.
I was talking about HD. At the time when I had service with DirTV, sat. 119 was used only for some Spanish language channels. That was not problem for me.
The problem was the “TV guide”. Every time when I was watching something in HD from sat.103 (I think that was the new sat.at the time that show most of the new HD Channels) the TV guide was coming from sat 119. And since I had no signal from it, somehow that was blocking the receiver every couple of days. Then I had to restart it a lot, or I just had to leave it on some SD channel overnight, so it will be able to download the guide.
But this time I was thinking to get HD DVR, and I’m not sure how will it work. Since I would have to set up a lot of recordings in advance, it may not work so well.
As I said before, at my friend’s house, his dish have only one LNB. And he has one HD DVR and one HD receiver. When I checked the sat. signals on his box he was receiving only few sat. I think were 99, 101 and 103. I’m not 100% sure about the numbers. I did not see sat. 119. So I assume they changed something since I left. Maybe I am able to get the HD DVR and even without sat 119, still be OK. That’s what I wanted to find out.

His lnb has 3 in one pod, so it looks like one. Yours had the same, but with two separate ones for 110 and 119. All you need is the same sls3 lnb. With that one the guide data comes from 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)