hr34 dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
to those who already have this dvr, my question is does it have 4 inputs coming into the dvr from the sat or just 2 inputs coming from the sat, does it record 4 live video feeds plus the on demand from the network setup or 5 live video feeds plus the on demand from the network which would mean a total of 6 recordings at once? any help you can give me on this will be greatly appreciated, i am going to wait until after the 9th to see about the new packages they are coming out with and to see how much the hr34 will cost me?

The HR34 requires SWM setup so only one cable into receiver
It is a 5 tuner setup so you can record 5 channels at once. When it first came out there were pics of 5 programs being recorded at once.
If you use the VOD then yes you could do 6 things at once

as a new sub the HR34 is $99 up front (normally $400 but they are giving you a $300 instant rebate)...current customers we dont know yet :)

thanks for the help guys, the csr told me it would be available on the 9th of feb for current customers as well, that is a big savings for only 99 bucks :)

For 99 for subs Im on it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Could be the CSR was quoting the new customer rate, I haven't heard anything on rate for existing (other than the $399 regular price), but i would be awesome if they did $99 for existing customers too.

thats what she told me yesterday when i called, to have the service turned back on, after the ninth they are going to become available for current customers as well, for 99 bucks, we shall see after the 9th of feb, i also got a statement in the mail today where i didnt owe them nothing, but the new prices for the new packages were listed, and the entertainment package was not listed on it.

Entertainment package is not available til the 9th

We dont even know what channels are in it yet

Iceberg was right on all. I posted pics of it recording 5 sat programs at once, and then 3 sat and 2 OTA (have AM21N) at once. Love it.

I've been with DTV since 1/24/12. Ya think there's anyway to get the HR-34 for a discount?

Not likely now. $399 from a retailer.

I just dont believe they will be anything less than $199 for current customers under contract, but even that may be a stretch.

well today the csr a differnt one told me they would be available on the 9th for current customers, but they will cost 399, im not paying that much and it be considered a lease and you have to return it after your contract is up with dtv. so it doesnt look like no hr34 for me, and i dont even have no programming with them but they still consider me as a current customer since i had it turned off in december.

I just got off an email to DTV and told them I think I should get a discount on an HR-34 since I was not informed that they were available when I signed up. Probably won't do any good but who knows.

The release date, as I was told this morning, is 2/9. The csr was very helpful and said to call back on Thursday or Friday and that they could probably let me have one for $99 with the rebate. We'll see come Friday. I have the csr's name but won't release it since I don't want to possibly put their job in jeopardy. I have been with DTV for a couple of weeks so that may be why I am getting a good price. I already have the wiring in place and it is the swm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)