The New NFL ST Ultimate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
So it looks like for the the 2012 version of NFL ST, D* is now offering what they call NFL Sunday Ticket Ultimate which basically combines all the features of NFL ST and NFL ST To-Go all for one just price of $299.95 or 5 payments of $59.99. Sounds like a great deal especially when you consider the pricing that they had last year. But it also makes me wonder if D* will force everyone to get this as this is all I see currently on their website, or do they plan on also offering a stripped down regular version of ST where for a lower price, you just get get all the games in HD on your TV without all the online/smartphone extras? I know not everyone cares (or cared for) the ST To-Go so it would be nice if they offered different versions of ST instead of forcing everyone to get the new "ultimate" version. What do you guys think?

Get NFL SUNDAY TICKET
DIRECTV What is NFL SUNDAY TICKET
DIRECTV Can I still purchase NFL SUNDAY TICKET

my neighbor got $40/month for 6 months last october, which comes to $240 out da door with NFL sunday ticket. don't signup too early, wait until late september/october to grab best deals.:popcorn

my neighbor got $40/month for 6 months last october, which comes to $240 out da door with NFL sunday ticket. don't signup too early, wait until late september/october to grab best deals.:popcorn

Why sign up a month in? Also I will bet your neighbor didn't get NFLST TO GO. I got the same deal as him and also paid an additional $50 for NFLST to GO

This next season there is so much NFL football on so many channels, the value of NFLST is much lower than it has been in the past. I doubt I'll renew, well I doubt my live-in son will renew, 'cause I wouldn't renew it for any price above free!! :)

i wish they would do team only packages (same for center ice) say $150 per season for a team of your choice and $100 a season for center ice

sunday ticket was awesome and worth it when i played fantasy but so not worth it when all i want to watch is 1 team every sunday, probably won't resub next year.

i wish they would do team only packages (same for center ice) say $150 per season for a team of your choice and $100 a season for center ice

sunday ticket was awesome and worth it when i played fantasy but so not worth it when all i want to watch is 1 team every sunday, probably won't resub next year.

The problem with this is you don't know how many games, the team you pick, will be on your local networks during the season. Say the team you pick winds up being on in your local area 8 times on Sundays, plus has 3 nationally televised games. That leaves you with only 5 games to watch via a team only package. Some other fan, in your area, picks a team and gets to see 12 games via the team only package, yet you both paid the same price. Not a good idea.

lparsons21 said:
This next season there is so much NFL football on so many channels, the value of NFLST is much lower than it has been in the past. I doubt I'll renew, well I doubt my live-in son will renew, 'cause I wouldn't renew it for any price above free!! :)

I agree, the NFL extended the Thursday Night on NFL Net package to be all season. Now three games a week won't be on ST, four if they do any Saturday Night specials on NFL Net. Kind of priced high when you are losing games. Sad for a product with such a loyal subscriber base.

Big Dawg 23 said:
Why sign up a month in? Also I will bet your neighbor didn't get NFLST TO GO. I got the same deal as him and also paid an additional $50 for NFLST to GO

Last year I paid $200 and got Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket To Go so its possible he did.

There were all kinds of different deals givien depending on your billing history and whether you call for pricing deals constantly

Are we expecting a price DEcrease ?

They did decrease it. Sunday Ticket with To-Go is $299 for the 2012 season.

Last Year regular price was $315, plus $50 for to go, hypothetically a $65 reduction.

For next year, during a typical non-bye week (early or late season) there will be 10 Sunday Ticket games.
For bye weeks there will be 7 or 8.

Assuming you are in a market that gets three Sunday afternoon games OTA, which is most with occasional exceptions a market gets two, there are over 100 games between CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, and NFL Net. 40% of the games, to be percise.
I love Sunday Ticket, but it is hard to watch enough games to make it worthwhile. I think next year I am just going to hope to get the free redzone and pass on ST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts