HR34 (Genie) Responsiveness compared to HR24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
We just got the 34 over the summer. I did turn the scrolling effects off, and all is fine with it. I had Cablevison a few years back, and that was painfully slow.

I beg to differ. The HR34 "Genie" is slow, sluggish and sometimes unresponsive
compared to the HR24. Button response on the HR24 is blazing fast and instant - while on the HR34 feels like it's on a slight delay.
I agree with you 100%. The HR34, although it's great to have five tuners, at times it is very unresponsive and very sluggish. At times it works great and you can't notice a difference between it's performance and that of the HR24 (I have three). I keep hoping that new software updates will fix the speed of the HR34 "Genie". And as an early adopter of the HR34 and a member of the CE program, I can attest that the HR34 has improved greatly from its original release. Sometimes it is two steps forward and one step back, but it's getting there. As some have stated that the HR34 gives them no problems, I do wonder if my problems have to do with the 2TB external harddrive that I'm using with it? When I first got my HR34, the external harddrive didn't even work at all. The current National release software is the best it's been, this week's CE had it's bugs. All in all I'm still glad that I upgraded one of my HR24's to the HR34 "Genie".

Status
Please reply by conversation.