HR34 / Genie Sound Anomalies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drorb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
Port Charlotte, FL
My HR34 and Genie Clients often (daily) exhibit choppy sound. The recorded sound is fine, but the playback is not. Pressing stop then play always 'syncs' the sound again as does rewind - play.

On rare occasions, when an OTA program switches from local to network content, the sound playback completely disappears. The same button sequences successfully recover the sound.

Is this a common event or do I have an equipment issue?

DrOrb

My HR34 and Genie Clients often (daily) exhibit choppy sound. The recorded sound is fine, but the playback is not. Pressing stop then play always 'syncs' the sound again as does rewind - play.

On rare occasions, when an OTA program switches from local to network content, the sound playback completely disappears. The same button sequences successfully recover the sound.

Is this a common event or do I have an equipment issue?

DrOrb

1 of my HR24's do this but I just hit stop then play and it fixes it

I had the same problem with my HR34 and assumed I had a bad hard drive, so I got D* to sent me another HR34. Same thing continues to happen. It must be one of those bugs they haven’t been able to work out. In addition to the sound dropping out, with the client, I’ll also get a crackling sound and have to stop and start. I have no OTA problems.

I have the same issue on my HR-22. Seems to happen more on certain channels, especially TNT. I use the same fix and it almost always works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)