HR34 glitches...these happen to you too?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow I thought that was the flag ship receiver. :eek:

eh I'll work through the couple of bugs I've seen. Nothing too major
Because I'm sure on the Dish side that 922 "flagship receiver" was just so perfect when it came out :rolleyes:
oh wait they junked that for something "newer"

But recording 5 different programs (actually the other day I had 7 different programs due to the overlap) recording at the same time...that makes it worth a few minor bugs :)

Great to hear someone else's point of view other than the forum fan boys!!!:eek:
These are just minor software bugs that can easily be fixed with updates, and will be. Plus every problem they described either has a work around is is pretty minor.

. . . .
So I set a timer to record the hockey game tonight on local channel 22. Here is the weirdness. When I hit "additional listings" it shows like this

7:30 on 22 (which is right)
12:00 on 22 (which is the replay)
12:00 on 9-1 (which is the OTA version)
12:00 on 22-1 (which is the OTA version). . . .
I was setting up a SerMgr for Awake via Search and it was showing channels I don't get.

Followup - did a test search on Private Practice and that one also showed up with bogus local channels.

I need to try a 'Smart Search' on my other CE Hx2x Receivers for shows on major networks local channels.

Last edited:
Great to hear someone else's point of view other than the forum fan boys!!!:eek:
Actually the flagship DVR is the HR24.

I know you love to take any opportunity to tout Dish and point out the shortcomings of Direct. You are probably typing that with a big smile on your face hoping for the HR34 to blow up. But like I said the DVR is not the issue, it is a minor software bug which all technology gets from time to time, including the ViPs.

Just to let you know I have no dog in this fight as I don't have an HR24 or HR34, nor do I plan on getting either anytime soon.

I have 7 recordings setup today.lets see if they aren't cancelled like last night. For whatever reason one of my series recordings was completely cancelled. I'm on beta of course.

In this forum you hear to much from the fan boys, lies and truths.
It's nice to hear from other d-tv customers opinions once in a while, instead of the same old same old!
I don't disagree. The whole story, both the good and the bad, are necessary. If I misinterpreted your intentions, then I apologize.

You got to realize that these risks do occur when one is running beta or CE, which many are.

I have 7 recordings setup today.lets see if they aren't cancelled like last night. For whatever reason one of my series recordings was completely cancelled. I'm on beta of course.

hmmm....that is weird. I'm on beta and all my recordings yesterday went off without a hitch
3 college hockey games
The Nationwide race
and 4 "series" recordings

hmmm....that is weird. I'm on beta and all my recordings yesterday went off without a hitch
3 college hockey games
The Nationwide race
and 4 "series" recordings
It is. even though in the guide you can see the R symbol when a series is scheduled to record,it never did and the series was completely canceled. Nothing in the to do list either.

Last edited:
It is. even though in the guide you can see the R symbol when a series is scheduled to record,it never did and the series was completely canceled. Nothing in the to do list either.

I had one recording not go due to "a programming update" (a MLB Countdown episode) but I was able to find the same episode last night and it went off without a hitch

I had one recording not go due to "a programming update" (a MLB Countdown episode) but I was able to find the same episode last night and it went off without a hitch

last night there were no issues with my scheduled recordings. actually after two days its settled down a little.

well one glitch but that was due to me ;)
With the race being delayed again yesterday afternoon I set a manual timer from 6-12 because I wouldnt be home.
Came home at 11:30 and it was recording the race TWICE

-the guide had updated between 2:20 (when I left for work) and 6:00 so it was set to record that series
-the manual timer didnt get removed. It recorded too

positive is that it only tied up one tuner ;)

Seeing this was the most recent recvr offering and it's type of set up was not even thought of at the time that the other recvrs were being made, that would be hard to do.

Granted the H<MC has been talked about for a long time now, bringing this one out before the others would have been a BAD thing.

Personally, I think the HR34 came out about 6 months too early, with all the bugs being worked on.

If it is up and working 6-12 months from now, I may consider one, but as of now, the HR24's are working GREAT for me.

This is the bad thing about being an early adapter for any product. It can be frustrating being a beta tester of what is "supposed" to be a final product. But, I enjoy trying out new toys myself, especially satellite receivers. It has fewer warts than the Vip 922 did when it came out, I can say that much for it, of course, that is based on my experience when comparing the two.

finally d admit the truth there a big problem with the h25 working the hr34.

larry55 said:
finally d admit the truth there a big problem with the h25 working the hr34.

They admitted it a few weeks ago, at least I was informed weeks ago about from Directv. It's not just 34's though. 25's have more issues then the 34 when it comes to MRV.

last night there were no issues with my scheduled recordings. actually after two days its settled down a little.

agreed. Knock on wood it seems to be stable now. But I have 4 "one time" recordings set and a series for tonight (gonna max out the 5 tuners yay!) so we'll see how it works

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)