HR34 glitches...these happen to you too?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just want to verify if someone seen these minor "glitches" show up on the HR34

1. You can't get into the VOD unless you use the guide. You cant hit 1337 and get VH1 classic VOD. You have to use the guide
2. If you go to 1000 you can't go off of that (using the red and green button)
3. If you remove a episode of a series recording it shows back up (from my other thread)
4. I had to do a reboot today (froze completely) and now all my series recordings show twice for this week only. So any series recording shows up twice but "one time" recordings dont
5. When you click on manage series the number of episodes to record is whacked. As example tonight I have Raw, 2 Broke Girls, and 2 episodes of Pawn Stars (as example...I have more) and they all show in the recording list. But when I go under series it shows as example
  • 1. 2 Broke Girls (0)
    2. WWE Monday Night Raw (0)
    3. Pawn Stars (0)

some shows say (1) later this week but there are 4 new episodes to record in the next 2 weeks. But some are right and show say (3) and there are 3 shows set to record the next 2 weeks.

I assume some minor glitches?

1 - can't vod by channel number - yup, me too
2 - vod no red/green - haven't run into that
3 - recordings come back - yes
4 - not yet
5 - not showing recording quantity - yes

Sure hope a CE shows up soon that may impact some of these.
I am using my HR34, but have all the series still running on the HR24s until it is more stable.

Many won't have that option though.

1. You can't get into the VOD unless you use the guide. You cant hit 1337 and get VH1 classic VOD. You have to use the guide
3. If you remove a episode of a series recording it shows back up (from my other thread)
4. I had to do a reboot today (froze completely) and now all my series recordings show twice for this week only. So any series recording shows up twice but "one time" recordings dont
5. When you click on manage series the number of episodes to record is whacked. As example tonight I have Raw, 2 Broke Girls, and 2 episodes of Pawn Stars (as example...I have more) and they all show in the recording list. But when I go under series it shows as example
  • 1. 2 Broke Girls (0)
    3. Pawn Stars (0)

some shows say (1) later this week but there are 4 new episodes to record in the next 2 weeks. But some are right and show say (3) and there are 3 shows set to record the next 2 weeks.

So far I've notice #1 and 2 ice. Good list. I'll keep an eye on the others. MRV still good.

1. Just tried 1004 both by direct key input and by the guide. No problem.
2. Just tried red & green and can flip through fine.
3. Have not noticed that.
4. I have had one lock up this week probably related to a MRV issue. My last reset was Friday. I think some of your issues to #4 & 5 may go away when you get a full guide.
5. Looks correct to me. I have 20 series set up and 65 items in my to do list.

Having some playback issues on two recordings so far on the hr34. The software Definetly needs work. But I knew that before getting this. It'll get better.

Oh one more....I have record defaults as 1 min before 1 min after yet after it records it ALWAYS says 1 minute less than it should be and (partial)

so a 30 minute program should be 32 minutes. Shows listed as 31 min (partial) yet records 32 minutes??? I get the 1 min buffer on both ends

i had am21 with hr24 100 when i turn of the receiver the am21 would turn off. i swap the hr 24 for a hr34 and now when i power off the 34 the am 21 stay on .any suggestions why the am 21 not turning off.

• 1. 2 Broke Girls (0)
    3. Pawn Stars (0)

Yeah, had most of them while I was on NR 4C9.

MRV been screwed up in every version so far.

Same with the Series Listings.

Must admit I had more lockups in SD than I do with HD. But some lockups are not really lockups. It just the HR34 playing dead for a few minutes.

i had am21 with hr24 100 when i turn of the receiver the am21 would turn off. i swap the hr 24 for a hr34 and now when i power off the 34 the am 21 stay on .any suggestions why the am 21 not turning off.

i'm having the same issue. i have no idea what to do about that. not yet anyway.

Well, DirecTV seem to have made one big mistake. Developing two firmware at almost the same time - the SD & HD. Instead of being the last receiver to go HD, it should have been the first.

Yeah, had most of them while I was on NR 4C9.

MRV been screwed up in every version so far.

Same with the Series Listings.

Must admit I had more lockups in SD than I do with HD. But some lockups are not really lockups. It just the HR34 playing dead for a few minutes.

good to know. Had to do a reboot today but that was part of last nights fiasco. We had wet concrete snow and had 4 inches on the dish so had no signal for almost 3 hours. Finally wiped off the dish after it snowed and the signal came back but this morning it froze up

Here is another weird one...not really a glitch but weird

So I set a timer to record the hockey game tonight on local channel 22. Here is the weirdness. When I hit "additional listings" it shows like this

7:30 on 22 (which is right)
12:00 on 22 (which is the replay)
12:00 on 9-1 (which is the OTA version)
12:00 on 22-1 (which is the OTA version)

I dont have a AM21 set up yet its loading OTA data. This PBS station is different as the main station is channel 9. They have a satellite station on 22 which is what both D* & E* use as the numbering system (we have a 9 in the Mpls area which is Fox...this PBS 9 is 200 miles away but still in the Mpls market)

I've seen this for some other shows on the locals. Some show just the sat channel but some show both sat and OTA (like -1) channel even though I do not have a AM21

Well, DirecTV seem to have made one big mistake. Developing two firmware at almost the same time - the SD & HD. Instead of being the last receiver to go HD, it should have been the first.

Seeing this was the most recent recvr offering and it's type of set up was not even thought of at the time that the other recvrs were being made, that would be hard to do.

Granted the H<MC has been talked about for a long time now, bringing this one out before the others would have been a BAD thing.

Personally, I think the HR34 came out about 6 months too early, with all the bugs being worked on.

If it is up and working 6-12 months from now, I may consider one, but as of now, the HR24's are working GREAT for me.

Personally, I think the HR34 came out about 6 months too early, with all the bugs being worked on.

If it is up and working 6-12 months from now, I may consider one, but as of now, the HR24's are working GREAT for me.
Wow I thought that was the flag ship receiver. :eek:
Great to hear someone else's point of view other than the forum fan boys!!!:eek:

i'm having problems with h 25 freezing up on recording when we watching the recording in the bedrooms since we got the hr 34.wish now i had waiting on getting the hr34.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)