Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
My HR34 has automatically updated to the HD guide,
software:
0x547, Today, 4:25a

Sounds like it finally has gone national, or at least started to.

lineman20109 said:
I have it as well.

As do I. Did this also fix the issue with the I-Pad not being able to find the receiver? Didn't see that in the notes.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

As do I. Did this also fix the issue with the I-Pad not being able to find the receiver? Didn't see that in the notes.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
I'm not sure but I can tell you my iPad sees my hr34

I hope the CE caveats apply here (ie. may be choppy for 24 hours)... what I'm seeing doesn't seem quite done cooking... very jumpy, pauses, seems to show random stuff when scrolling quickly.. dunno.

so its black vs. blue.. I'm struggling to see what is "better" ? (vs. the blue version I had 2 days ago)

I hope the CE caveats apply here (ie. may be choppy for 24 hours)... what I'm seeing doesn't seem quite done cooking... very jumpy, pauses, seems to show random stuff when scrolling quickly.. dunno.

so its black vs. blue.. I'm struggling to see what is "better" ? (vs. the blue version I had 2 days ago)

definitely needs work. does get better after a day or two but imo this was not "customer candidate" ready.

Rebooting the receiver has helped. It's hard to describe, but the text now looks sharper and like all the other receivers I've seen with the HD UI. Since I got the update, the text was "odd" - not sharp, like it was being scaled from some other resolution. After the reboot of the box it's good.

Still very laggy though. Reminds me of when I first saw the HR receivers years ago and you could punch a slew of buttons on the remote and wait for the keypress to register. Maybe not THAT bad, but really annoying nonetheless.

Never thought I would ever see that statement.:eek:

Ill tell you i have both Direc and dish. Just switched over to Hopper system.
Lightening fast. Just as good as my 922 I replaced.
Minor issue- The guide on the 922 is easier on the eyes then the new Hopper guide.
Same guide but Hopper is a white grid. 922 was blue.

My HR24s are so slow its not a good experience these days.
Lots to love about the HR24 but as of late its been an 11 second lag.
Cant stand it! Maybe new software will fix it.

I will try a reboot to see if it fixes the fuzzy text issue. Also this guide is much slower than the blue guide, weird since the HD guide is blazing fast on on HR24 I have in another room.

I will try a reboot to see if it fixes the fuzzy text issue. Also this guide is much slower than the blue guide, weird since the HD guide is blazing fast on on HR24 I have in another room.

It should be noticeably faster than the blue guide, so you must have gotten a bad download.

It should be noticeably faster than the blue guide, so you must have gotten a bad download.

i'm going through a few of the same issues. for some it doesn't happen while it does for others, which makes no sense to me. they're all the same hardware. (-700)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)