HR34 vs. HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What if they make a wireless HR54 with 6 tuners? Then will have the same discussion for HR44 vs HR54 :D

The HR54 would need to offer much more than just an extra tuner. More speed. Bigger hard drive. Better PQ. Better remote. Smaller foot print. Customizable guide page. USB and ESATA ports for EHD's. Ability for internal hard drive to incorporate a EHD and function in tandem.

I had a 34 and had the same issues, finally was able to get it replaced with a 44. Worlds of difference. The 44 seems alot snappy and responsive.
?

Did they extend your contract to get the 34 swapped with the 44?

If not, how did you go about getting a 44?

I currently have a HR34 and the sluggishness is killing me.

The 34's and 31's are slowly making their ways back to the field along with HR23's. Seems directv is starting to send refurbs of those models back out. Just what I've heard from fellow techs in varies markets

are the 44s out in all markets yet? maybe that why they haven't stop installing the 34 yet? i am completely happy with mine 34, the only upside i see to the 44 is stability and maybe alittle faster

They are still installing 34's too, granted it seems the 44 is a higher likely percentage now. My install is tomorrow, be curious to see what I get...

Drama, and being sick of it. Even if there isnt an ESPN issue (I dont think there will be), Dish is proving to me they want to play more hardball. Thats fine for some, and I love the Hopper, but I don't mind paying $1 more a month to keep channels, that's what i care about at the end.

So I'm not swapping back because I'm unhappy, just kinda tired of a mentality I dont agree with and what doesnt suit my needs. I also feel a lot of it is Dish has damaged relationships, while not keeping the cost down, where Directv has had increases but has better working relationships.

Drama, and being sick of it. Even if there isnt an ESPN issue (I dont think there will be), Dish is proving to me they want to play more hardball. Thats fine for some, and I love the Hopper, but I don't mind paying $1 more a month to keep channels, that's what i care about at the end.

So I'm not swapping back because I'm unhappy, just kinda tired of a mentality I dont agree with and what doesnt suit my needs. I also feel a lot of it is Dish has damaged relationships, while not keeping the cost down, where Directv has had increases but has better working relationships.

I've spent 18 months with Dish and now just 1 month with Direct and yet I feel I know exactly what you are talking about. Somehow Dish left me felt like "trust us, we know what's good for you" and so far Direct seems to be trying to give the customers what they want, although it will cost a little more. Both at least trying to improve but with a different philosophical approach.

I've spent 18 months with Dish and now just 1 month with Direct and yet I feel I know exactly what you are talking about. Somehow Dish left me felt like "trust us, we know what's good for you" and so far Direct seems to be trying to give the customers what they want, although it will cost a little more. Both at least trying to improve but with a different philosophical approach.

Directv is all about the customer experience. They want you to have the best entertainment experience possible. I know from an insider perspective having worked for both companies, that alot of people care about the customer experience at DirecTV. More so than Dish. I know that the people get it at DirecTV that our customers are our bread and butter. They make us. While it is unfortunate that rate increases happens, it is an unnecessary evil put upon the providers when they increase their costs. I wonder if apart of this increase is to align the books for a possible NFL Sunday Ticket renewal.

Has anyone had a chance to exchange a 34 for a 44?

I just did a couple weeks ago. It is faster, but I will say that I think I had a 34 with issues. I am having color issues with the 44 that I can't seem to adjust out, which is weird. It may be going back.

It's been awhile since I had the 34, but the 44 is like the Hopper, I click a button on the remote and it does it, it doesnt have to think about it. I've also read a lot of info that leads me to think the HR34 is just buggy as well, but someone else will have to comment.

I just did a couple weeks ago. It is faster, but I will say that I think I had a 34 with issues. I am having color issues with the 44 that I can't seem to adjust out, which is weird. It may be going back.

how did you switch it? did you complain the HR34 was too slow, or did you pay for it?

my 34 is driving me crazy after having Dish, i only have a 34, no clients, 20% full HD and it lags WAY too much

Yes, I have had an issue with the 34 from the time I got it. Stations would pixilate and freeze. All was resolved except for my local NBC channel. They replaced the LNB, the 34 with another 34 and still had the issue. The client would freeze up on the NBC channel after 5 seconds. Change to another channel and perfect picture, back to NBC freeze up.
Yesterday an installer came out to replace the client with a HR24, as Case Management thought it might be an issue with the client. While there he said he had seen this problem many times and simply replaced the 34 with a HR-44 whcih resolved all the problems. Asked it I wanted one. Of course I said YES!!!. No problems so far and now i have 7 tuners insead of 5.
As to fast, yes the 44 is real fast. Changes channels almost instantly so far.

The HR34 issue with some NBC local stations is a known issue and I know DireCTv is working with NBC to sort out the cause of the problem and fix it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)