HR34 Whole Home issues when new software downloaded

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IowaGuy79

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Hello,

I am having an issue with my HR34's recorded programs not playing on a different receiver after a new software is downloaded. I have 2 HR24s and 1 HR34, don't have any issues with the HR24s playing each others recordings, they just can't play any "old" recordings from the HR34. For instance I received the new software at 3:00am yesterday (10/12/2012), I can't play any show which was recorded by the HR34 on a HR24, when it was recorded on 10/11/2012 or prior (shows recorded on 10/12/2012 (after 3:00am) or later are fine). I can see the shows, but when I go into the show there isn't the left menu (i.e. Play, Keep, Delete...). I can see/play HR24 shows on the HR34. This happened with the last software download too!

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you!!

I would try to force downloads on all your boxes just for good measure, and also restore default settings, without formatting the hard drives, unplug your deca and powercycle your network, bring all the boxes online and repeat the networking setup, it sounds kinda like the boxes are not talking to eachother. can the hr34 play recordings off either 24?

The HR34 doesn't have problems playing anything, recordings from HR24s or HR34. Also the HR24s can play anything recorded on the HR34 after the software download, just not shows recorded before the new software download.

Not using DECA or network attachment (other than HR34 connection), as HR34 is a DECA client and HR24s don't need outside DECA adapters.

Looking a little closer at it, it is getting even stranger!! It seems to only affect network shows, anything on a cable channel seems to be fine!? For instance I recorded last weeks Last Resort on the HR34, which will show up in the list but doesn't play. I also have Chelsea Lately Episodes (which airs on E!), which were recorded on the HR34 and play with no problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)