HR44-500 and Whole Home DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpd5215

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
Hey guys,
Question about my HR44 and the whole home DVR:

1.) In the system info section of the menu under "Network" it looks like there are two errors...under "STB Services port" it says N/A(818) and under "Wireless" it sats Disabled(Loop Detected). Is this normal? Is one of those errors because I don't have a phone line plugged into the receiver?

2.) Also under "Whole Home" under "Status" it says "Whole Home DVR-Authorized" but under that is says "No networked DVR's found." Is this a problem?

Also, is there a way to force the latest software update?

Thanks in advance of your help!

Also here is my setup if this helps...

HR44-500 Genie
CK-41wireless clients(3)

Outside, I have a SMW SLN3 dish.

In my basement, looks like a have 1 coax cable running in the house from the dish to a SWM 2 way splitter. One side of the split goes to "PWR to SMW" connection of the SWM ODU only(black box) and one line from the splitter to somewhere in my house(prob upstairs to where the HR44 is) On the SWM ODU, there is another coax that connects to the "Signal to IRD" and runs to a small black adapter labeled "Connected Home Adapter". From that adapter there is a ethernet cable that plugs into my router LAN port and a coax that connects to a "DC to RF Adapter" which then plugs into an outlet.

Upstairs where the HR44 is, there is a Wireless Video Bridge. There is a coax plugged into it from downstairs in the basement and then a coax out from the WVB to the HR44.

I hope this helps and if I confused you or you need additional info, please ask. Thanks alot!

Hey guys,
Question about my HR44 and the whole home DVR:

1.) In the system info section of the menu under "Network" it looks like there are two errors...under "STB Services port" it says N/A(818) and under "Wireless" it sats Disabled(Loop Detected). Is this normal? Is one of those errors because I don't have a phone line plugged into the receiver?

2.) Also under "Whole Home" under "Status" it says "Whole Home DVR-Authorized" but under that is says "No networked DVR's found." Is this a problem?

Also, is there a way to force the latest software update?

Thanks in advance of your help!
New setup?...Had it for a while?
Have you gone into menu and run the internet setup?....One problem at a time might make things a bit simpler?

New setup?...Had it for a while?
Have you gone into menu and run the internet setup?....One problem at a time might make things a bit simpler?

Its not a new setup..Had almost a year. I have ran the internet setup and it shows connected. I have run the systems test as well and the only error it returns is no phone line connected which is true. The reason these "errors" caught my eye is because my DVR wont show up on app and i didn't know if the "errors" i explained above had something to do with it. Also when the new internet guy came a few months back, I dont know if he had "moved" any connections around when he was in the basement. I am basically looking for an explanation of these codes and if anything seems out of way to you guys.

Thanks,

1. STB Servies ports weren't really anything that ever took off on the DirecTV receivers and they essentially aren't used. You may be able to setup some port forwarding to get the error gone but it won't improve anything as the services really aren't used.
Wireless on the receiver isn't being used, instead you likely have a cinema connection kit installed to your router.

2. No DVRs found indicate you don't have other HD-DVRs on your Directv setup. Not a problem.

3. You can force download the software by typing 02468 at the first blue screen following a receiver reboot.
The receiver will automatically download any available software overnight generally in the first day or two as well, if the installer didn't do it already.

Why do you need to force a download? It's not recommended, particulalry over Friday or Saturday nighte because you might get beta software which can have issues.
STB services are not used, don't worry about it.

Why do you need to force a download? It's not recommended, particulalry over Friday or Saturday nighte because you might get beta software which can have issues.
STB services are not used, don't worry about it.

Was just curious as Ive seen people talk about it. I wondered why they would do it.

I got this advice in another forum

"You need to re-run satellite set up or restore network to defaults to kill the wifi on the HR44. The reason of the network loop is because the HR44 is connected to the internet at two places. One through is built in wifi and the second is using the broadband DECA connected to your router."

I did this and below is my response:
"Hey!! That seem to work....But now it system info under wireless it says not configured and under ethernet it says not connected(9). But when I go to internet setup it says connected by ethernet. Also, I was having big problems getting my receiver to show up on the app. It was saying something like I needed to be on the same home network or something and cant find receiver .... Your fix resolved that issue too!!! I can now see my receiver on my iPad and have successfully activated Mobile DVR!!!! My iPhone has beta software and while I can now see the receiver on the iPhone too, it will not activate the Mobile DVR...it says DRM initialization and just keeps spinning. Does this make sense to you....I am so grateful. I know there have been many that have struggled with the same errors that I got when trying to get the app to recognize the receiver and then activate Mobile DVR....it seems like since the wireless was activated in the DVR and also connected by ethernet, there was some conflict and thats why it wasn't working...at least thats my take.....At any rate, thank you so much! I really appreciate it."

Yes, having two paths to the internet will cause these sorts of issues.
You are probably running ios10 beta and the DirecTv app does not work with that beta software. I assume there will be a new release of the DirecTv software when ios10 goes to formal release.

Yes, having two paths to the internet will cause these sorts of issues.
You are probably running ios10 beta and the DirecTv app does not work with that beta software. I assume there will be a new release of the DirecTv software when ios10 goes to formal release.

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts