HR44 availability

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still no reports of it in Nashville. You could order it from SolidSignal.

Are HR44's being installed in Columbus? I ordered new Dtv service (bundled with uVerse net/phone) with install scheduled this coming Saturday. Do I need to postpone? I'm dropping TWC mainly to get Genie to replace TWC's crappy DVR, and to save a few bucks. But, I will only accept the HR44. Too many issues with the HR34.

I chose a two-TV install in order to get Genie, but don't really need the 2nd one. After installation, would it be a problem to drop service down to one TV and return the mini? Also, the Dtv sales rep on the phone assured me that the mini would be wireless, but after reading posts on here about the C41w not being available yet, was she incorrect?

It wouldn't surprise me if the rep was wrong about the wireless mini. She misquoted the AT&T bundle price by $5/mos for the net speed i wanted (the bundle dept gave me $5 off for a year due to the misquote). She also told me the 2nd year total would only go up by $10 due to the $15/mos bundle discount during the 2nd year, but she had no idea that AT&T rates were discounted by $31/mos for the 1st year which I found out later from AT&T. When I called Dtv back, a bundle rep checked the pricing and confirmed the additional $31 increase in year two. She seemed to think I could just renegotiate the rate with AT&T next year, but I'm doubtful.

Last edited:
The wireless mini isn't available yet, but probably soon. I have seen a couple of reports of the HR44 in Columbus. That doesn't mean you would get one, though.

They must be close to launching the wireless client, here is a capture of my equipment page with it listed as an option to order:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 11.06.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 11.06.37 PM.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 194
The wireless mini isn't available yet, but probably soon. I have seen a couple of reports of the HR44 in Columbus. That doesn't mean you would get one, though.

The phone rep at Dtv assured me today that I can expect to receive an HR44 and C41W when I'm installed on 8/3 (I bumped it back a week). She said the wireless Mini's were made available a few days ago. We'll see. I won't hold my breath, but hope to pleasantly surprised.

I think soon is the operative word here. They may be showing on the csrs screens as available. Hopefully by 8/3 they will be.

Is the 41 the wireless type? That's what we are talking about.

There are no C41W (wireless) clients available as yet, and I will be surprised if an early August installation has the C41W, but we shall see....

Well, no surprise... When the installer called to say he was on the way, I asked him to confirm that he had an HR44. No dice. I canceled the install. Dispatch called to reschedule and she told me they don't expect them in my market for another month. Nice. So we'll see in a month (I rescheduled so I don't lose my deals). They couldn't even agree to call me when they become available if they roll out sooner, and of course could not guarantee it'd even be available in a month.

It's ridiculous that D's sales people don't have the info needed to do their jobs without misinforming customers. More than one sales rep assured me that I'd receive an HR44 today. It's bad enough that they don't have correct cost and fee info for 3rd party bundling (AT&T phone & Internet) on their screens when setting up new orders, but to not even know what their own company can and cannot do is just pathetic.

First rule of sales: Never over-promise!

The phone rep at Dtv assured me today that I can expect to receive an HR44 and C41W when I'm installed on 8/3 (I bumped it back a week). She said the wireless Mini's were made available a few days ago. We'll see. I won't hold my breath, but hope to pleasantly surprised.

If this is a new account I can get you set up with the HR 44 but I don't even have the C-41 wireless clients yet. I am located up in Cleveland but can make a trip down and visit my old stomping grounds.........

?SIG

FYI - I spoke with an installer a week ago and he said they have been installing hr44 in my area for two to three months. I live in Johnstown pa - east of PGH. The installer is from Altoona pa. I guess I need to pull trigger now....still nervous about it. The installer was young but seemed to know a lot and said overall the cable in my area is pretty good - he said I should not need new lines.....

If this is a new account I can get you set up with the HR 44 but I don't even have the C-41 wireless clients yet. I am located up in Cleveland but can make a trip down and visit my old stomping grounds.........

?SIG

Do you know when the wireless clients are coming to our area? Not that I want one, just curious for a friend....thanks.

Do you know when the wireless clients are coming to our area? Not that I want one, just curious for a friend....thanks.

Actually, I talked to a tech from Cleveland today. His warehouse had them but hasn't heard when they plan on letting them out in the wild. Bloomington indiana also has them in their warehouse too but haven't been told when they plan on laughing there either

I am not sure when Multiband is getting them or releasing them..... Probably gonna wait until they get rid of their stock of wired C 41's first. As a Retailer our office is supposively getting them in Sept..

?SIG

Actually, I talked to a tech from Cleveland today. His warehouse had them but hasn't heard when they plan on letting them out in the wild. Bloomington indiana also has them in their warehouse too but haven't been told when they plan on laughing there either

Man, dealing with D is so frustrating!! Last weekend I rescheduled install for today. Once again, no HR44. The phone rep I spoke with last Sunday (who was actually in Ohio) said his system showed the HR44 would be released to Columbus today and that I would be guaranteed to get one. The account is noted to only install an HR44, yet they still roll out a technician with only HR34's. The technician confirmed that they have HR44 in the warehouse but will not release them. He told me to call customer service and have them ship it to me and then they could come install it. So, of course, I call customer service they say "no can do." I spoke with a supervisor (in the Dominican Republic), he apologized for being misinformed so many times, but said there's no way he could ship one to me and could see no information regarding when they would be released to Columbus area.

I don't understand why every person I talk to at D tells me something different. Arrrgh!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)