HR44 availability

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Man, dealing with D is so frustrating!! Last weekend I rescheduled install for today. Once again, no HR44. The phone rep I spoke with last Sunday (who was actually in Ohio) said his system showed the HR44 would be released to Columbus today and that I would be guaranteed to get one. The account is noted to only install an HR44, yet they still roll out a technician with only HR34's. The technician confirmed that they have HR44 in the warehouse but will not release them. He told me to call customer service and have them ship it to me and then they could come install it. So, of course, I call customer service they say "no can do." I spoke with a supervisor (in the Dominican Republic), he apologized for being misinformed so many times, but said there's no way he could ship one to me and could see no information regarding when they would be released to Columbus area. I don't understand why every person I talk to at D tells me something different. Arrrgh!!

If you get fed up with them send me a line I can hook ya up........

?SIG

Can anyone confirm if the HR44's are being installed in Syracuse NY ... I am an existing customer and have an install date of 8/24 for a Genie +mini ... I was reading through some of the post's, and am considering to call back and have 'only install HR44' to the notes of my order.

?Thanks, Steve

Im getting ready to add Directv to go along with my Dish service, hoping to get an HR44 instead of HR34. Once I call them and setup the install, Ill update what I get. Im in Mobile, Al area.

I am in the suburbs of Chicago and just had a Genie 44 and a mini-Genie installed 2-3 weeks ago. I requested the 44 and the CSR said that was what was going to be there. I forgot to tell them not to come if they brought a 34 but it ended up not mattering. The installer showed up with a 44 and 41. I didn't know a wireless version was arriving as soon as it was. Probably too late to trade up but that's fine by me. I have it in the basement and it's not going anywhere. 2 questions for the group:

1. What are the advantages of the wireless mini?

2. Is it supposed to be connected to the internet? On my online account page, it lists that I have 4 boxes (22, 24, 44, and the 41) but only the 44 is listed as "connected to the internet". The 22 and 24 say "No" but for the mini there isn't even an option for it. It just lists location and nothing below it.

3. Lame question: how do I get it so that my equipment is listed at the bottom of each posting (my signature)? Now that I am upgraded to the fun stuff I want to learn more about it... :)

I wanted to bump this one to get the answers I was looking for. I was able to figure out how to do the Avatar but I have not been able to figure out my other questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Wireless client should be just like a C41 only communicates on a private wireless network with a video bridge that DirecTV would install. Early test market indications are cost between $100-$200 extra.

Your receivers should show as connected if they can access on demand channels. Your HR22/HR24 should connect via the coax network through the HR44. Can you access on demand channels on the other receivers?

A signature is set in your user profile, on the main forum screen there is a link around your name/avatar on the left side.

?I'm getting the genie and genie mini installed next Thursday, August 29th here in Utah (Mapleton). Does this area have the HR44's? I really want it to be the HR44 :) . Also does anyone know who the installers are for this area? I want to email them a few question.

:welcome to Satelliteguys j_al23@ymail.com!

That's a long name, should we call you j? ;)

Anyways, I haven't read any reports of HR44s in your area, and I don't know who installs there, either. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

JCrandall - thanks for the response. So, if I am reading you correctly, if my mini-genie (C41) is just going to sit in the basement there really isn't much of an advantage to getting the wireless, correct? As for the 22 and 24, soon after I posted it I was able to figure it out so both are now connected but, for the mini it still doesn't make mention of whether or not it is connected to the internet. It's odd because the other 3 say "Connected to Internet: Yes" but no mention of it for the C41. Probably not a big deal but thought I would mention it.

Wireless client should be just like a C41 only communicates on a private wireless network with a video bridge that DirecTV would install. Early test market indications are cost between $100-$200 extra.

Your receivers should show as connected if they can access on demand channels. Your HR22/HR24 should connect via the coax network through the HR44. Can you access on demand channels on the other receivers?

A signature is set in your user profile, on the main forum screen there is a link around your name/avatar on the left side.

Has anyone in the Cape Girardeau, Mo or Paducah, Ky area received a HR-44. I have Directv coming on the 4th for a Genie upgrade?

Thanks

C41 likely won't indicate internet as it will operate through the HR44 connection. I see little advantage to the wireless version unless you plan to move it around or have an area that running a RG6 wire is an issue.

If it was free perhaps another story, but I would imagine wireless is almost always somewhat slower than wired.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I think I will stand pat with what I have. Here's hoping that we meet up in the Big 10 Championship but even I don't have that much Orange kool-aid to think that my ILLINI are going to be much better than last year....:cheers:

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I think I will stand pat with what I have. Here's hoping that we meet up in the Big 10 Championship but even I don't have that much Orange kool-aid to think that my ILLINI are going to be much better than last year....:cheers:

I could go for that, beats watching them play that southern school from Ohio twice on two weeks.

No HR44 here in Syracuse ... went ahead with the HR34 anyhow , as i could get no definite timeframe, and one of my HR24's is crapping out fast, so didn't want to be stuck without ... still not sure if I made the right decision or not... I guess time will tell how the HR34 works for me. But the biggest problem I had was the lack of communication .... I did call back a while agi and requested the HR to be installed... had that information confirmed and double checked... 'yup, its on the order' ... well, apparently I wasn't aware of how the installations were done here ... apparently it is done through some company called mastech or something like that ... i missed there call last night , and when i called the number back this morning , he told me that they don't get any of the notes or anything but the order ... and that the installer doesn't even know that he has an order until just before the install when the transfer it to him ... not sure if i buy that or not, but that's what he told me... he also said he contacted the installer and the supervisor regarding the HR44, and was told that his warehouse doesn't even have the hr44's and wont until the end of September ...

No HR44 here in Syracuse ... went ahead with the HR34 anyhow , as i could get no definite timeframe, and one of my HR24's is crapping out fast, so didn't want to be stuck without ... still not sure if I made the right decision or not... I guess time will tell how the HR34 works for me. But the biggest problem I had was the lack of communication .... I did call back a while agi and requested the HR to be installed... had that information confirmed and double checked... 'yup, its on the order' ... well, apparently I wasn't aware of how the installations were done here ... apparently it is done through some company called mastech or something like that ... i missed there call last night , and when i called the number back this morning , he told me that they don't get any of the notes or anything but the order ... and that the installer doesn't even know that he has an order until just before the install when the transfer it to him ... not sure if i buy that or not, but that's what he told me... he also said he contacted the installer and the supervisor regarding the HR44, and was told that his warehouse doesn't even have the hr44's and wont until the end of September ...

Yep, all sounds right. Mastec is a contracting company. They're considered "in-house" techs and do a large portion of directv work. They run a scheduling system called "FS Scheduler". This schedules just 1 job on a tech at a time and his/her next job can change several times before they actually get it. It's suppose to help with getting people taken care of during the proper time frames but its more of a hassle and joke that directv has brought on themselves. They have too much money invested in the system to scrap it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)