Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Got a few of these units in my office today and decided to fire one up on a dealer demo account to play with it.

First of all I love the size of this thing. I had it sitting on top of an H24 and it was slighty larger, but makes the HR34 look like a boat anchor.

The guide, and user interface is amazing with the faster processer.

The built in Wifi was a snap to install, and is a heck of alot easier than dealing with the wireless DECCA. Although I prefer a wired internet connection, im very happy with the ease of installation.

Not happy with the new remote, but probably due to the fact im used to the old one.

Overall, a great receiver

My HR34 seems like it gets slower every day, but maybe that is just all the things I read about the HR44 speed. I remember upgrading from an HR20 to HR24 and it was a world of difference.

I keep thinking about that HR44 but I wouldn't do it with the one genie rule, if I could replace an HR20 with an HR44 and keep my HR34 I'd be all over it. But alas, one genie rule.

I am LOVING our HR44, the speed alone is well worth it. For internet I choose to run the ethernet into the switch via decca because in our media closet everything is run there and like you I prefer a wired connection...if anyone is on the fence about a genie and hr44 it is well worth it, I cant wait to get it and the ps4 together in my media center, think they will look great next to one another!

My HR34 seems like it gets slower every day, but maybe that is just all the things I read about the HR44 speed. I remember upgrading from an HR20 to HR24 and it was a world of difference.

I keep thinking about that HR44 but I wouldn't do it with the one genie rule, if I could replace an HR20 with an HR44 and keep my HR34 I'd be all over it. But alas, one genie rule.

you're not the only one jay and honestly i'm getting fed up with it. 2 resets this week so far.......

I am also very pleased with mine.

Coming from the hopper, I was prepared to take a hit when it came to speed and responsiveness. When the installer said he had a 44 I was happy. When I used it and saw how it compared to my dish equipment I was very happy.

Exactly. Im not going to give up one of my HR34's to replace it with an HR44.

Id would take the HR34 and put it in the other room before I send it back to them on a lease.

When I install the Hr-44 I still give the customer's the old remotes. new remotes stink IMO. plus u have to wait for the client to update before you can program that remote. takes way to long.

agreed with OP... the HR44 is amazing, seen it at my sisters place over the weekend

Ive actually become used to, and now prefer the new remotes. The toggles, which I did not think I would like, are nice, and fast.

Exactly. Im not going to give up one of my HR34's to replace it with an HR44.

Id would take the HR34 and put it in the other room before I send it back to them on a lease.

So, do they still not allow a 2nd genie, even if you getr it 3rd party , ala DISH or SS ?

Claude are you still in the market for the D* recvrs ?

Ive actually become used to, and now prefer the new remotes. The toggles, which I did not think I would like, are nice, and fast.

I haven't had a chance to use one yet, but from the sounds of it, its much smaller, the old one had a good balanced feel, can't imagine that with the tiny one.

I haven't had a chance to use one yet, but from the sounds of it, its much smaller, the old one had a good balanced feel, can't imagine that with the tiny one.

The way it is shaped, to me at least, gives it a balanced feel. I am sure that some will not like it.

I am getting ready to make the move to direct. I live in NE Florida. How can I make sure I get the HR 44?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

First off, they have to be available in your area. Then the installer has to have one to give you. They may still have leftover HR34s. The other option is to order and pay for one yourself from Solid Signal or someone like that.

I think at this point the reason you can only have one HR34/44 is there would be no way to link the clients with two servers. But I have no way of tring it to see.

That and the increased cost of installation since a swm16 is required.

First of all I love the size of this thing. I had it sitting on top of an H24 and it was slighty larger, but makes the HR34 look like a boat anchor.

Must use a external power supply? never really cared for that.
seems to be much improved from the 34.....nice cuz the 34 I have played with did not really impress me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)