HR44 now Available for Sale at Solid Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On the Solid Signal site, on the features section, it says the 44 can record five programs at once. I thought it could only do three. Is it a typing mistake or can the 44 record the 5 programs?

Both the 34 and 44 can record 5 at once. That's all 5 tuners being used at once

On the Solid Signal site, on the features section, it says the 44 can record five programs at once. I thought it could only do three. Is it a typing mistake or can the 44 record the 5 programs?
Maybe you're thinking about the Hopper from Dish, which does have 3 tuners.

Only reason I see to switch to the 44 is for the fiber optic output. I think the 34 only has a coaxial output.

The HR44 has the wireless CCK built in. It also uses the new remotes that are RF. I have heard that there will be a C41W wireless client for use on locations that can not get a wire to in the future.

The HR44 has the wireless CCK built in. It also uses the new remotes that are RF. I have heard that there will be a C41W wireless client for use on locations that can not get a wire to in the future.

Not to mention the significant speed increase.

didn't you say numerous times that a csr @ directv told you they would swap out your 34 for a 44 at no cost? hmmm???? ;)

Rey,Yes I did and I am waiting a ittle bit to call she said for me to call back at end of May beginning of June so I am going to wait till beginning of June to try but don't know cost yet and my upgrade comes up at beginning of June.My point on that post was I am not going to pay that price for the HR44 when I can get the upgrage which is due for me as I said in this post when the upgrade comes and we will see when it comes what happens when I call back :)

Last edited:
One problem may be though that not everybody is eligible for a free upgrade due to credit problems or whatever. In that case,if they can afford it,ordering from Solid Signal or eBay(which usually IS cheaper) maybe the only viable option they have.

So if someone has a HR34, can they get a HR44 from Solid Signal and add it to there setup, or is it still a one HR34/44 per account.

Edit: never mind, saw the answer on a previous post.

Last edited:
Still one per account, as stated previously in this thread.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My HSP still won't let techs have either one of them :(
Yea mine wont allow the 34 or 44 to an HSP account, however I downgraded my residential account to entertainment and im still a year into the contract and Im going to keep it there till we have them in the warehouse.

A little birdie told me that the C41W will be hitting "markets" in January of 2014, I have no idea if thats national or testing however.

One problem may be though that not everybody is eligible for a free upgrade due to credit problems or whatever. In that case,if they can afford it,ordering from Solid Signal or eBay(which usually IS cheaper) maybe the only viable option they have.
I play to call in a service call when the 44s are in stock because i think my 34 may be about to die..... ::whisteles:: HMC=HMC lol

Really ?
Even if you buy it yourself ?

The HR44 is considered a Genie or HMC, as is the 34. Just as all HR2X are referred to as a "dvr". You are only allowed one HMC per account. Back when only allowing one DVR per account was the standard far predates either of my "tours of duty" with DirecTV, but we all know you can have multiple dvrs on one account now. Im sure you will eventually be allowed to have more than one, but only time will tell.

Another reason for only allowing one currently is because of the need for a swm16 when having two. The swm16 is a very expensive piece of hardware that directv needs to consume, and running on on every job that people wanted multiple genies would cost the company more than what they would recoup in a short amount of time through monthly payments. Its all about money. Not to mention those few people that would for some reason want two genies, then receivers instead of clients because they for whatever need 5 available tuners on each box at all times. I realize these people are few and far between, but I had a install on saturday that was built for a HMC and 2 clients, and it turned into 7 tvs and 0 clients after they found out that the clients took one of the 5 tuners away. If this customer wanted two genies and all dvrs then we need a swm32. I dont think directv wants those installed residentially, thats a 700$ switch. The situations may be extreme and few and far between, but they do happen.

Are you in one of the test markets?
Charlotte, NC
Cleveland, OH
Denver, CO
Des Moines, IA
Fresno, CA
Minneapolis, MN
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburgh, PA
Raleigh, NC
St Louis, MO
Los Angeles, CA

Hmm I see that Atlanta is not on that list, but last evening at a Best Buy in McDonough, GA a young (D* rep?) told me not once, but 3 times (becuase I kept asking) that the special he was pushing included a "base station (his words) that could record up to 5 separate shows at the same time & could handle up to five clients (he took out his iPhone & said that each client was roughly twice the size) WIRELESSLY. Yep, he said that all the client boxes needed was electrical power & the TV (I'm paraphrasing here). To be sure I asked him that question a 3rd time, whereupon he repeated that claim.

Now the "base station" would have to be a HR44, but I thought the wireless clients were not out yet. Was this guy blowing smoke about the whole shebang or just the wireless part. We get pretty excited (to the tune of trying to cancel a 11 day old Dish install because of what he said) becuase this is EXACTLY what she wants.

The wireless clients aren't out yet, and from reports I've read here, they won't be until June of next year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts