HR44 with two antennas?

Dawgsfan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2022
Ohio
Hello. I have an HR44 with an LCC connected. The LCC works great. I am near Youngstown, OH and have my LCC facing the transmitters in Youngstown. Those channels come in perfectly. The problem is the Cleveland transmitters, which should be in range of the LCC, are in the opposite direction. I don’t seem to be able to position the LCC in a place that would be able to pull in both sets of signals.
Is it possible to somehow hook up a second antenna to the HR44 (one facing Youngstown, the other facing Cleveland)? Can anyone think of any other solutions? I am limited to placing antennas indoors only.
Thanks.

Reactions: c-spand
Hello. I have an HR44 with an LCC connected. The LCC works great. I am near Youngstown, OH and have my LCC facing the transmitters in Youngstown. Those channels come in perfectly. The problem is the Cleveland transmitters, which should be in range of the LCC, are in the opposite direction. I don’t seem to be able to position the LCC in a place that would be able to pull in both sets of signals.
Is it possible to somehow hook up a second antenna to the HR44 (one facing Youngstown, the other facing Cleveland)? Can anyone think of any other solutions? I am limited to placing antennas indoors only.
Thanks.
The best way is to run cables from both antennas to a switch behind the box. Otherwise mixing the signal from both antennas can create interference.

It's possible to have two antennas wired together facing different directions but it is complex and significantly impacts the signal. Based on "limited to indoors", I would not even start to pursuing that research, as it is difficult with rooftop antennas. Can you receive Cleveland if you turn your antenna to face the other direction? If you can, and you are limited to indoors, either turning the antenna or using two antennas and a coax switch box like c-spand mentioned is probably your best bet.