This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HR54/500 Internet Reconnect Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gobearsnfl

Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Arizona
I have had this Genie for several months and my internet connection has never been consistent. I have been using wireless connection have switched it to a wired connection. Periodically I press Menu button and my menu says Reconnect. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to restart the receiver.

Anyone have any ideas? I think there may be an issue with my using the DirecTV app. I don't know if it's related but when I use my app and can't see all of my Playlist, I check the Genie and the Internet is disconnected.

The best way to end that problem is use a DIRECTV Broadband DECA Ethernet to Coax Adapter. Some reason if you switch to this you will never have anymore of those issues.

The best way to end that problem is use a DIRECTV Broadband DECA Ethernet to Coax Adapter. Some reason if you switch to this you will never have anymore of those issues.

OP says he's switched to a wired connection....

OP says he's switched to a wired connection....

does not mean its using a BB deca. there is an Ethernet port on the back of HR54's as well.

@ OP, if you havent already, get the Broadband Deca connected and it should solve your issue. before you connect it to your system though, go to menu > settings > internet connection > advanced > reset connection, then a Red button reset, and when you have live TV back up, go ahead and connect the Broadband deca. you probably *dont* need to do the reset, but it cant hurt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.