HR54 not working but clients are working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

curtishd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I have a HR54 that is not working but I have two clients C61K's that are working. I did a hard reset with the red button as well as unplug the HR54 but the HR54 still displays nothing on the screen when I select a channel and the guide does not fully load. Any ideas what's wrong?

Sounds like you should be calling customer service. Have you checked all of your connections?

First thing I thought of was a bad connection, then he said guide didn't load all the way ...
Which meant he could see the guide, which meant his HDMI was probably OK.
Not sure how the clients could work if the Genie itself was not.

Force a software update. Press reset on the 54, when the Directv logo lights up press 0,2,4,6,8. Then wait. It should show the update downloading on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I'll give the software update a try. I thought it was weird that the clients were working but not the genie.

More information about what you are seeing on the screen would be helpful. When you say the guide doesn't load completely, what do you mean? The guide info only goes out one day? You only see an outline of the guide? The channel numbers are missing? There are no programs listed? Do you see any error messages on the screen when you select a channel? is the problem on all channels? Or just one or two? The more info we have, the easier it is to pinpoint your problem.

Simple stuff first. The reboot is great (including the swm), that would be my first attempt to fix it. Then changing the HDMI cords. Then the software update force. Then call D*

I did another reset and it's working right but I also have a service call this week so I will keep it and have them check all the connections just in case. My other DVR hr24 was also have issues and freezing too so I think the issues would be in the lines closer to the dish.

I did another reset and it's working right but I also have a service call this week so I will keep it and have them check all the connections just in case. My other DVR hr24 was also have issues and freezing too so I think the issues would be in the lines closer to the dish.
If both recvrs are having the same issues, it could be a multiswitch or the LNB.
Or bad connectors on the coax, but thats not as likely seeing its multiple recvrs, unless both are connected outside.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)