HS-17 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryanogorman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I was doing some reading regarding the HS-17 and it reads that no other receivers can be on the account.

Is that a HS-17 limitation issue or a new DirecTv policy now?

Could I add another dish to my house to have other receivers on my account?

I was doing some reading regarding the HS-17 and it reads that no other receivers can be on the account.

Is that a HS-17 limitation issue or a new DirecTv policy now?

Could I add another dish to my house to have other receivers on my account?
You've only got part of the equation ...
With the HS17, you can use ONLY Clients for other TV's.
Apparently, the HR24, 34, 44, and 54s wont work with them.
So you have 1 set of recvrs or the other ...

No other receivers, even on multiple dishes.
Really? If you have an HS17 with clients (of course) you can't have an HR24 connected to a different dish on the same account? That's stupid.

raoul5788 I agree with you 100%

We have a H24 for when you go camping but I guess we won't be able to do that anymore if we go with the HS-17

The set up I was looking to do for my new home is as following..... 7TVs (2-4k & 5-HD I am ok with the clients) for the house plus the H24 to travel with all on the same account but it looks like that won't work

Are there any work arounds to this, but still using the HS17?

raoul5788 I agree with you 100%

We have a H24 for when you go camping but I guess we won't be able to do that anymore if we go with the HS-17

The set up I was looking to do for my new home is as following..... 7TVs (2-4k & 5-HD I am ok with the clients) for the house plus the H24 to travel with all on the same account but it looks like that won't work

Are there any work arounds to this, but still using the HS17?
You Can do this, just can't use the HS17 option.

I'm thinking they are going to find a lot of people turning the HS17 down IF D* explains the situation to people before making them take the HS17 ...
I'm gonna guess that New subs probably won't be given an option.

Yes, you are correct, they basically screw the Camping user.
Same goes for anyone with cottages or vacation homes ...

Many people have a set up at home and another set up in say Florida or Texas vacation locations .... so if they contact D* about something and the person talks theym into NEW Equipment HS17 for home ... Do they now lose service when they get to thier vacation location or cottage, seeing it would be a HR version ?

Sometimes D* pushes for a separate account, but most of the time they don't ...

It would be nice to know what they are actually gonna do about these situations .

This is straight up policy. There isn't a technical reason why a HR24 could be added to a setup with an HS17. Infact, I have a SWM30 which the HS17 is connected to SWM port 1 and an HR24 on SWM port 2. The SWM30 does not communicate between the two swm ports and has more than enough tuners to handle both as tuners 1-15 are on port one and 15-30 are on port 2. Both the HS17 and the HR24 work fine.

You cant have more than one DVR on an account due to a system limitation. The system will not allow the CSR's to add an HR24, and I was told that it needs to be on a separate account if you wish to have one for your RV. I really wish they would lift the restriction on this limitation as it could cause confusion of customers having two accounts at the same address.

Yes, that's the rule. DirecTV might point out you are not supposed to have a separate receiver in an RV or at a weekend cottage on the same account, it's against the terms of service.

Yes, that's the rule. DirecTV might point out you are not supposed to have a separate receiver in an RV or at a weekend cottage on the same account, it's against the terms of service.
But why no HS17 and an HR24 on the same account?

Maybe because the HR24 won't get the new UI? Just speculating here.
Perhaps, but that makes no sense to me. An HR44 is getting the new UI and you can't have two Genies on one account even if they are on different dishes and not connected with MRV. I know it can work because there are beta testers with two Genies on one account.

Perhaps, but that makes no sense to me. An HR44 is getting the new UI and you can't have two Genies on one account even if they are on different dishes and not connected with MRV. I know it can work because there are beta testers with two Genies on one account.

there are beta testers with 3 genies

Reactions: raoul5788
Because they have decided not to allow it.
Even the beta testers are losing their HR44/54 and HR2x if they test out the HS17.

This is straight up policy. There isn't a technical reason why a HR24 could be added to a setup with an HS17. Infact, I have a SWM30 which the HS17 is connected to SWM port 1 and an HR24 on SWM port 2. The SWM30 does not communicate between the two swm ports and has more than enough tuners to handle both as tuners 1-15 are on port one and 15-30 are on port 2. Both the HS17 and the HR24 work fine.

You cant have more than one DVR on an account due to a system limitation. The system will not allow the CSR's to add an HR24, and I was told that it needs to be on a separate account if you wish to have one for your RV. I really wish they would lift the restriction on this limitation as it could cause confusion of customers having two accounts at the same address.

K9SAT you were saying that only one DVR per account..... are you also implying that that also means regular boxes that are not DVR's as well?

K9SAT you were saying that only one DVR per account..... are you also implying that that also means regular boxes that are not DVR's as well?

from my reading the only thing allowed with an hs17 is a mini
no other units period. dvr or receiver. they are not allowed

Reactions: goaliebob99
We know the HS-17 will work with a SWM 16. Couldn't they allow for a separate dish with the reverse band lnb connected to the SWM 16 and install the HS-17 with a C61k to the SWM 16?

Is it against the TOS when they tell you it's fine ?

They told friends of mine it's no problem to have one at the cottage ....
They have told me it's fine to have one in the MY.
No issues at all.

It;s still against the terms of service, but DirecTV has turned a bind eye to this for a long time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts