HTC One help?

karspur

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 16, 2006
Ridgecrest, CA
Does anyone here know how to change the buttons, I think they are called launchers, on an HTC One (AT&T) I have been able to do it on my previous smart phones but not having any luck now. It comes with call, message, Internet and camera there. I don't use the stock messaging or stock Internet, so I would like to change them. Help?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Touch one until you hear a slighg any other icon to the tray.g it elsewhere to get ot out of the tray. Drat sound then dra

I can drag icons out but it repopulates itself when I leave it somewhere else...then I have 2 icons for the same thing. If I try to drag something else into the bar, it disappears.

It sounds like you are talking about the lock screen icons.

If you long press an icon, does a trash can icon appear? If so, drag the icon you don't want to the trash. This would allow you to delete an icon, then add a new one.

I don't have any experience with Sense in a few years, so I can't say what will and won't work with anything resembling certainty.

Yes, that is how I did it on my old HTC phone, but when I drag it to the trash, it just reappears where I took it from. Yes it is the one on the lock screen and the bottom of other screens.

If it reappears after sending it to the trash, I don't think you can remove it. You must be talking about preloaded icons.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm afraid of. I just got used to being able to change them on my last two smartphones, also were HTC models. Thanks so much for your input though!

Hey man...I have a One and this drove me crazy at first, but you CAN change them. The trick in Sense 5 is that you have to be on the app drawer screen before you can drag stuff on or off the dock. Just hit the button to open the app drawer, then you can drag icons onto or out of the dock!

Ah ha! That did it! Thank you so much! One of those things that it wasn't a huge, big deal, but it did bug me.

Here's one of the great things about this site! This knucklehead (me) couldn't help you, but someone else steps up and posts the solution. :up

Yep. I just love it here...and you're not a knuckle head :) I always come to this site for help in all areas and I try to help when I can too

Glad that someone helped you out. You will really enjoy the HTC One it's been a great device so far and let us know if you need help with anything else that's what SatelliteGuys do.

I love my One! The only other thing I can't seen to find so far is the kid mode. I think I see where it should be, but, it doesn't seem to be there. Not a big deal either...just thought it might be nice for my three year old grandson.

Kid mode? I've never heard of that. I'm 59, maybe I should be using it! :)

It is supposed to make it so a kid can only use certain apps, games and such, but not get to anything else.

Look in your app list and see if you have an app called "Kid Mode". Is that what you are looking for? Seems like I remember that was one of the ones I disabled so it wouldn't show up in my app drawer.

There is a App made by "Zoodles" thats called "Kid Mode" & "Parent DashBoard" which came pre loaded on my HTC One but I have not gone through the setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts