Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06/19/verizon-htc-one-release-getting-closer/

The highly anticipated Verizon HTC Onerelease appears to be getting closer as new evidence has surfaced suggesting that stores have attached “Close Out” labels to both the Droid Incredible 4G LTE and the Droid DNA in anticipation of the HTC One launch.

I for one am not seeing a "closeout" label in their website when I go. Also curious that they have not dropped the DNA price at all leading up to this. At a lower rate, that would be a darn tempting offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there a promotion involving the DNA recently and speculation it was related to an upcoming phone's release (maybe the S4) ? Those phones are showing $199 and $49 (2-year contract) pricing for me - no closeout reference.

Yeah last I read I think Verizon was suppose to get it on the 22nd of this month so it should be this week no later than next from what I have read and heard. But they could always move that back again but I hope it does well with Verizon the HTC One is a great device that's for sure. :)

Wasn't there a promotion involving the DNA recently and speculation it was related to an upcoming phone's release (maybe the S4) ? Those phones are showing $199 and $49 (2-year contract) pricing for me - no closeout reference.

Verizon did run a promo on the DNA, free with two year contract. I jumped on it when they ran it and got the DNA free. While Verizonwireless.com doesn't show the phone free, Amazon.com is giving the phone away free on upgrades or new lines.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A4OOPN0/?tag=satell01-20

Im tempted on that, as the DNA is still a fantastic device, with similar specs, but a larger screen.
I am just not sure I want to be tied to the Amazon policy on phone usage that was discussed in a different thread. Also, the way HTC updates their devices, who knows when or if the DNA will get the newest version of Sense.

Not temping me at all with the DNA. It's going to be between the S4 and the One for me.

Im tempted on that, as the DNA is still a fantastic device, with similar specs, but a larger screen.
I am just not sure I want to be tied to the Amazon policy on phone usage that was discussed in a different thread. Also, the way HTC updates their devices, who knows when or if the DNA will get the newest version of Sense.

Can you reference that please? I'd like to read the Amazon policy you are referring to. I bought a differnt phone on amazon a while back (Droid Charge) and never had any problems.

Also, Wirefly has the DNA for $40-$50...

I'll check it tomorrow, but there is a part when you sign up about keeping that particular device active for 180 ish days. So for instance if you had two devices that you wanted to swap between you couldn't, or Amazon would charge you full price for the discounted device.

Did you keep the charge active, without interruption for a while? If so, as I read it, you wouldn't have had an issue.

I may want to swap between any device I might get and my current note 2.
Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

In that case, you would have had no issues. Most wouldn't.

I want to be able to swap between my note and any other device I'd get as I need to. That's my only issue.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Instant Discount Policy

When you purchase your device with service from Amazon.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount based on a commission paid to Amazon by your wireless service carrier. The commission depends upon your continued service, and if you do not maintain your service for 181 days from the service activation date, Amazon must return the commission to the carrier. If you cancel the service with the carrier and do not meet the obligations outlined in the Instant Discount Policy, you may be charged fees based on the devices you ordered. For complete details visit our Cell Phones with Service Terms and Conditions page.

Carrier Early Termination Fee

If you purchase a discounted phone with a two-year contract and then cancel after the 14-day return period, your carrier will charge a pro-rated Early Termination Fee. For complete details on each carrier's Early Termination Fee policy, visit the Carrier Plans page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&pop-up=1&nodeId=201085350

There is more to it than that when you add to your cart and are about to check out.

The following are some scenarios where we may determine that you have not maintained your service and have not met the requirements listed above:

• If your device with the carrier is not activated per Amazon's activation instructions within 14 days
  • If your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 days and you do not return the device(s) to Amazon
  • If a new individual or new family account is merged with or replaces a pre-existing account
  • If you transfer this equipment to another carrier's service or to another line in your family account and deactivate the line that Amazon established for your device
By accepting this Instant Discount Policy, you agree to repay $400 per smart phone or tablet and $200 per other device if you do not maintain your carrier service for 181 consecutive days from the service activation date. You also authorize us to collect that amount using any credit card we have on record for you. Amazon can periodically check your account status with the carrier to confirm your line of service is active and in good standing and thereby confirm you are in compliance with this policy.

Right now the discount on a Galaxy S4 for an upgrade is only $20. Not worth it at all IMHO.

I got the DNA from Bestbuy for free. Well, I paid for the tax of course. I was eligible for an upgrade and just went for it. I'm really impressed with the DNA. I think they are just clearing out the inventory to release the One.

I got the DNA from Bestbuy for free. Well, I paid for the tax of course. I was eligible for an upgrade and just went for it. I'm really impressed with the DNA. I think they are just clearing out the inventory to release the One.

i spent over an hour with 2 different people from best buy saturday trying to order one. it was a giant cluster puck and i never did get the order through. talked to verizon. they verified i was eligible for an upgrade and my account was in good standing.

i spent over an hour with 2 different people from best buy saturday trying to order one. it was a giant cluster puck and i never did get the order through. talked to verizon. they verified i was eligible for an upgrade and my account was in good standing.

Try it online?

Sent from my Nexus 7

i did todd and i got an error message. that's why i ended up calling the best buy mobile 800 number.

i ended up with my original plan and upgraded to an iphone5 32gb model.