HTLHD Software Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
The HTLHD is upgrading itself.. (software dated 9/9) but this is my 1st upgrade and it says 26645 seconds left. Although the seconds left is counting upward. Seems odd.. I thought it might be the size of the file but it says "seconds left till upgrade"

What version does the box have now? If you just got it it may be updating to 2.0

alvarez,
I had that same issue after I got my HTL-HD. The consensus over at AVS was to just unplug it because the upgrade is not going to take. I assume that you got a pop up asking if you wanted to upgrade, and you of course, said yes. Then it goes into that timer deal at the bottom and the receiver fails to respond to anything, correct?
I followed everyone else and unplugged it. It was later brought up that the best way to receive the upgrade was to:
1. Make sure you are tuned to a D* channel and not an OTA channel and
2. Make sure that your unit is powered off.
I did this and it upgraded that night (around 4am EST)

Hope that helps..

It was tuned to a D* channel (649 FSN) and I have turned the unit off but not unplugged it... I am at work now so I will unplug it tonight when I get home.

The pop up did come up and ask yes.

sure enough it said it was going to upgrade at 3 am... although it now says it was unable to perform the upgrade and now there is no next upgrade listed and its still at 1.10.00

Directv had me reset the box 2 times and no upgrade happened or was scheduled... anyone have any ideas?

Just to warn ya, I bought this box when it first came out and other people as well as me had there boxes locked up for few days cause the upgrade didn't take correctly. No menus, no locals no nothing... Unplugging it didnt do squat so just plug it in and leave it, keep bugging them and they will keep sending the update until everyones box works...

Hopefully this will not happen as it has now scheduled itself for upgrade in 1 hour (3:20am) I have it off and they say it will take 15 minutes... Sunday ticket starts on sunday so knock on wood it upgrades ok...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)