HTML Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I am assuming I am "Grandfathered" in on the HTML link in signature option. I wanted to change mine to link to pictures of my home Surround setup up (Picasa Web Albums - Brad - Stereo Pix) but I found I couldn't do HTML links anymore. Why the change? I would like to suggest allowing them again.

Thanks,
Brad

I don't want the pictures in the sig, I just want a clickable link to the pictures. Like the clickable link to Youtube I have now.

Brad

Then put in a hyperlink using the HYPERLINK tool in the editor. OR just use the tag [ URL= "http://www.somewhere.com" ] text goes here [ /URL] without the spaces in the tag.

Then put in a hyperlink using the HYPERLINK tool in the editor. OR just use the tag [ URL= "http://www.somewhere.com" ] text goes here [ /URL] without the spaces in the tag.

Thats what I am doing, I get the message "BB code url is not allowed." If I open my sig to edit, and try to save it w/o changing anything it gives me the same message. The "HYPERLINK tool" Doesn't exist in the edit sig area anymore. Here is a list of the Signature Permissions. I believe the "Link BB Code" option is the problem.

Signature Permissions
Allow Basic BB Code Yes
Allow Color BB Code Yes
Allow Size BB Code Yes
Allow Font BB Code Yes
Allow Alignment BB Code Yes
Allow List BB Code Yes
Allow Link BB Code No
Allow HTML No

Allow Image BB Code No
Allow Code BB Code Yes
Allow PHP BB Code No
Allow HTML BB Code No
Allow Quote BB Code Yes
Allow Smilies Yes
Can Upload Images for Signature No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

Thank you,
Brad

PIE's in signatures will result in a FAST infraction (which may or may not include a vacation).

I'm guessing Scott has turned it off for HTML in sigs.
Eventually, he'll see this thread and can cofirm one way or the other :)

I have no idea, it's just an option in both the advance editor and the sig editor, dies it imply something else? Why would it result in an infraction/suspension of forum access?

Yes we turned off HTML in signatures about 3 months ago for regular members.

The issue was some folks where coming in and using the HTML link in their signature to spam. It was becoming a big issue. That is why it was turned off.

Yes we turned off HTML in signatures about 3 months ago for regular members.

The issue was some folks where coming in and using the HTML link in their signature to spam. It was becoming a big issue. That is why it was turned off.

Ya but I am not a "regular" member, I am ME :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)