HTS Tracker Premier System 40, XPert remote, etc.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edieh8

Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
san francisco
Is there any value to these or should I just trash them? Also have a big dish on roof - all worked perfect last time I used them, but that was many moons ago. I'm in the S.F. Bay Area & any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

If you are not interested in using them yourself please considering taking some pics of what you have and posting them here, and on your local Craigslist.

Not sure what your "Xpert remote" is, but the receiver is an old analog unit, there are very few analog signals to watch anymore, but it could be used as a dish mover.

The dish itself could have some value but if you don't want to use it yourself you would be doing well to get someone to remove it for free, if it is up on the roof. Pretty good project just to take one down.

You could add a digital receiver (around $100) to your existing system and use what you have. You won't get your typical "cable" viewing fare but there is still a lot of unscrambled video up there to watch...and this forum is the place to learn how to get into that hobby, if you are interested.

Thanks for the response phlatwound. The system has been disconnected & it's all too complicated for me to try & use it (so now paying Comcast a fortune, says the novice blondie from California). I'm going to try and upload photos - the dish one is little due to high roof access - and probably too many of the receiver but couldn't get iPhone into landscape mode - my apologies. I could just leave the dish where it is but it's so big and intrusive in my neighborhood. I will also try posting on Craigslist & see if anyone wants to remove it for free (unlikely?). The receiver is just holding up the Comcast DVR so if it's useless I'll take it to the recycling dump. Let me know how you think I should proceed. And again, thanks for your help & suggestions.View attachment 86241View attachment 86242 IMG_0165.JPGIMG_0168.JPGIMG_0169.JPGIMG_0170.JPGIMG_0172.JPGIMG_0173.JPGIMG_0174.JPGIMG_0175.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    603.9 KB · Views: 151
Nice receiver, in their day. Only real function, today, is as a dish mover. 99.99% is digital*DVB". And more going to DVB-S2. (second generation)
Pics of the dish didn't 'come thru' so can only say try again. Monetarily, they're not worth much. Costs more to have them removed by scrappers than what they're worth in recycle value usually. (where you end up paying them for removal)
BUT, maybe a hobbyist will remove for nothin'. Yikes, up on a tall pole?? That may throw a 'curve' into it. May require rental equipment to retrieve it ($$)
But ya never know, till ya try.
Pics here and maybe on craigslist. freecycle?
o now paying Comcast a fortune
maybe, Just maybe, you need a hobby?? Under $200 should get you a new DVB-S2 receiver and a new LNBF. That, and using your HTS to move the dish, you'd have C Band FTA. (hope you're not addicted to those 'cable' channels)
In that price you could probably add an OTA antenna for FREE local television. check HERE (tvfool link) to see.
As far as 'getting it up and running' there's lots of help here to answer any questions.
Either way, best of luck.

Yeh, the receiver is an old analog unit, really no good for much besides a dish mover. I would hang on to it and give it to anyone who would take the dish...if that doesn't work some places will recycle electronics for free.

I think your best bet is to run the dish in Craigslist and see if someone will take it down for free. I'm guessing the dish is an 8 footer, and it appears to be in pretty good shape, lots of good use left in it for someone that wanted it. Do you have a flat roof there at the dish? That would make it a lot easier.

Maybe someone on this forum will see it also and post here. We have a thread on this board with free dishes that are posted in Craigslist from all over the country, many have found new homes.

good luck, let us know how it works out for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)