Hugestnet LNB emsemble ????

MTsatellite

Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Cuba
Imagen 002.jpgImagen 003.jpgImagen 004.jpgImagen 005.jpg
Firt at all hi for all the friends here. And sorry for my bad english. I several months try to emsemble a Hugestnet satellite sistem for get internet acces, I buy from ibay this parts, HN7000S Modem, 2w LNB radio, and a separated feed horn, my dish is a old direct tv 1.20 m offset, there is my problem, the end of the troath of the lnb is quad and the end of the feed horn is circular, what i can do? I need to find a solution because buy another feed horn is very dicult for me, i can use some ring adaptor or somethin else?I can do some home made piece ? Thanks for all guys i hope your can help me in this...

adaptor-front.jpg
You're missing a part. Depending upon who's selling, it's called (a) feedhorn throat, (b) feedhorn coupler, or (c) feedhorn spacer. They're frequency matched, and cut to a length that exacts the correct feed angle and distance. Unless you can machine an exact duplicate, you're better off buying one. They're neither expensive nor difficult to install, but your system won't work without it.

//greg//

Thank`s so much friend, i m happy to now that i not have to buy another feed horm, yes buy this part is more easy thing, well i begain to search for buy this in ebay, thank's again.

51jEMfwg1OL._SL500_SS100_.jpg
Try to find one that includes the correct machine screws. Trying to match them after the fact is difficult; you want stainless steel, fine thread, Allen slot cap. Confusing I guess. But take a look at the other machine screws holding the waveguide components together. You want the same kind for the feedhorn coupler. The hex cap permits you to apply sufficient torque to ensure waterproof seal, and stainless is both non-magnetic and rust proof.

//greg//

Hola MTsatelite,

Tal vez te puedo ayudar. Creo tenemos este parte en Todos Santos, Baja California Sur o puedo conseguirlo en los Estados Unidos. Como puedes recibir los partes? Tienes un compadre que puede enviarlo a ti?

Tengo una pregunta. Tu antena esta direct tv 1.20 m offset? Creo vas a tener problemas potenciales de usarlo para HughesNet.

Si quieres ayuda, me puedes contactar directamente a Alan (-at-) BajaSatelite (punto) com

Saludos,

Alan

I agree with Alan, but intended to address this after you assembled your TRIA. Reflection angles are far more critical with 2-way satellite internet than they are with 1-way satellite TV reception. The TRIA feedhorn must be placed at a precise distance and radiate at a precise angle to obtain accurate reflection off the dish and up to the satellite. It will take much trial, error, and patience on your part - to make internet work with that TV dish.

//greg//

Actually, I have an adjustable backplate from an old Direcway elliptical dish. There are demarcations for Az, El, and Pol, and El is the infinitely adjustable (threaded) style. Mounts on 2" Sch40 pipe (~60mm OD). Hole pattern where the backplate mounts to the dish is 7.75" square (or ~197mm). I just don't have a 1.2m TV dish to see if the mounting holes match.

//greg//

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)