Hughes/DirectTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BlueQuixote

Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
I picked up a new Hughes Platinum HD receiver at a clearance sales 4-5 months ago. I have been getting OTA HDTV in the Bay Area, CA, and it works great. With football season approaching, however, I am thinking about getting D*TV or D*Network and dumping cable which I also get. The Hughes is supposed to be compatible with the D*TV (as it states on the front) with the service card, but when I called D*TV the salesman and his supervisor gave me the runaround telling me that they could not install the dish and wiring; I would either have to buy the basic service and then after it was installed call them to upgrade or buy a whole new HD package and new receiver, which I do not need. This sounded screwy to me, but I am more a computer geek so my Sat. TV knowledge is limited. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Many thanks

As dfergie mentioned, just find a local dealer. Explain your situation. They should be able to make a new DirecTV customer out of you, supply a new PhaseIII dish, installation and a new access card for your existing Hughes E86 receiver. If you have problems locating a dealer, just post your location or PM me.

Thanks dfergie and CablerMN. I am in Berkeley/San Francisco CA so any dealer recommendations would be appreciated.

More importantly, are you new to DIRECTV? If you are, any local independent DIRECTV dealer would love to install you. Even better for them since you are saving them some of the hardware cost. Being that it's a phase III dish, it is not going to be free. Expect to pay around $50.00. Call 510-276-5512 and ask for Victor, the owner.

I would also make sure you receive the NFL Sunday Ticket offer (if you are a nre sub. $250 now gets you the ticket, HD games with the ticket and premium package valued at 320 for 4 months ... so it is a great deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts