Hughes E8/86 Help Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Anyone have an idea what happened here?

I have satellite locals. They have been showing up in the program guide fine until the other day, and now the "lowest" channel in the guide is 78.

I can access the channels such as 3, 22, 40, 57, 61, and ESPNHD 73, but they don't show up.

I tried a reset to download the guide again (arrow down while pressing power switch).

Anyone have any idea? I checked out locals installation, and local 1 is for antenna. Local 2 is for "none" as I don't have cable. There is no option for Satellite.

I have rescanned and entered all of my OTA local channels, but they just won't show up in the guide.

Help? :confused:

Dave

Check and make sure that your remote "favorites key" was not accidentally pushed. The top of the guide should say "all channels" if it does not then push the favorites key until it says "all channels" if it does not say "all channels " then it will block out some channels. I have a toshiba dst3000 and it has the same guides as the hughes receiver. I have had this problem in the past and this is how I solved it.........hope this solves your problem.....................................DIGITAL~DAN

DIGITAL~DAN said:
Check and make sure that your remote "favorites key" was not accidentally pushed. The top of the guide should say "all channels" if it does not then push the favorites key until it says "all channels" if it does not say "all channels " then it will block out some channels. I have a toshiba dst3000 and it has the same guides as the hughes receiver. I have had this problem in the past and this is how I solved it.........hope this solves your problem.......................................DIGITAL~DAN

That cured it!

Thanks much DIGITAL~DAN, and the others that replied. I'm glad it was nothing wrong with my receiver. I do run it very cool.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)