Hughes Hird Series Processer speed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomFlKeys

Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
I currently have a Hughes Hird E-2, I love the guides and features. My only problem is when I am in the guide and try to look at what is on in the next 7 or 8 hours: it takes so long for the receiver to obtain a new guide. I usually get the "try again message". I would like to get a new receiver but want to stay with the Hird series. Does anyone know if some of the other models, have a faster processer?

I currently have a Hughes Hird E-2, I love the guides and features. My only problem is when I am in the guide and try to look at what is on in the next 7 or 8 hours: it takes so long for the receiver to obtain a new guide. I usually get the "try again message". I would like to get a new receiver but want to stay with the Hird series. Does anyone know if some of the other models, have a faster processer?

Are you reffering to the old Hughes rec's ?
None of them would work for ANY MPEG4 programming, so they are not to useful at this point.

What kind of features are you looking for, the one that I like from the old Hughes was the mini guide, I use it all the time. It is available in the H and HR series rec's .

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts