Hughes HTL-HD Receiver problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I was wondering if anyone knew what might cause my htl-hd receiver not to get the HD channels on it anymore ? Here is whats happening , when I go to the HD channels there's nothing except on 76 DHD but its not DHD it channel 504 hbo and on the rest there's nothing, I also get my local fox channel 88 but it's gone as well and says this program is no longer available but I get channel 89 and its MSNBC not the LA feed of Fox which I do not get . now when I go into my sat signals I get nothing on sat A but I get 94 on sat B and 40 on Sat C also I am not getting channels 354 and some of the other higher ups. I have reset a few times as well as let it set over night and at one point it said it could not find the sat in the sky, I have a tivo in the same room and it works fine I even unhooked the line going into sat 1 of the tivo and hooked it to the HD receiver and went through setup again and still the same thing even had D tv hit the receiver a few times as well , nothing more I know to try then ask the knowledgable people on Satellite Guys .

No problem with my HTL-HD, as far as loosing channels. The problem I have with mine is, sometimes, when I go to Search/Keyword, then exit the unit re-boots itself, as if I unplugged it from the power and re-plugged it. Then of course I loose all my keywords and have to reenter them.

Thats bizarre. Seems like its somehow corrupting the guide info and channel mapping. I am assuming you unplugged it and plugged it back in to see if reseting fixed it. Sorry I cant be more help. Is there some way to do like a factory rest to put all settings and such back to how they were when it was new?

I was reading on a site i came across that on Hughes receivers you could do a factory reset by holding in the power button and the up & down channel keys on the front panel, but I could not get it to work ? If it even works . It is very strange I can not get the 101 sat A single at all but I get the other 2. I can get channels 296 but not 297 , but I can get 298 its messed up, I really like this receiver and want to get it fix.

You know what I total missed the not getting sat a in your first post. If you hooked the tivo up to it and it worked fine then I think there is probably something wrong with the Hd receiver if you have the protection plan call and have them swap it out. If you don't call directv and see what they can do for you.

They will switch it out but not for free $100 + the shipping for a new H10 I just wander if I could get this one fixed for cheeper. Or someone here might know of a way I can fix it myself.

Generally, if 101 programming is appearing on 110 or 119 channels, it's the multiswitch.

I dont use a multishwitch. I also got another HD reciver and it works fine , though I dont really like it . Its the H10

LOBO2999 said:
I was reading on a site i came across that on Hughes receivers you could do a factory reset by holding in the power button and the up & down channel keys on the front panel, but I could not get it to work ? If it even works.

I got that reset to work on a Hughes E8 HD Receiver. Instead of the usual reset program download you get when you unplug the receiver, it just gives you a small blue box on the bottom of the screen that says it is reloading.

Yes , many times. I do thank you all for the sugestions, I'm just wanting for the one I haven't tried. LOL

I found this on dbs forum. I cut and pasted it exacly as I found it. Hope it helps!!

On the front panel press the INFO and right arrow buttons at the same time. This brings up a menu that includes resetting the NVRAM. Resetting the NVRAM will put it back to factory defaults. When you exit this menu, you'll need to go through the setup. Hopefully, this will fix your problem.

rockaway1836 said:
On the front panel press the INFO and right arrow buttons at the same time. This brings up a menu that includes resetting the NVRAM. Resetting the NVRAM will put it back to factory defaults. When you exit this menu, you'll need to go through the setup.

Will this erase any software updates that were downloaded or just reset all settings to the factory default?

That I couldn't tell you. But my guess would be that if it goes back to factory default you would loose updates. But at this point, what do you have to loose? GOOD LUCK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.