hughes lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes it looks like an LNBF from a DirecDuo (DirecPC) dish. (L.O. 10750)

I have a few of them and the double feedhorn version, they are OK but not as good as the new low noise LNBF these days.

Attachments

• Pict0177.JPG
    Pict0177.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
I've got one of those on a DoirecPC dish right now :)

issue with those is you can't skew the LNB. The whole dish has to be skewed

Thanks PSB and ICE, I've never seen one of these before.
rdel:)

I am considering one of these Hughes LNB's for my primestar dish I just motorized. Mainly to get rid of the dual output primstr lnb. The seller said it fit right in the existing ring. So my question is would skew be adjustable?

Also if I stick w the original primestar H/V lnb can I just us a diseq 4n 1 sw between the lnb and the motor?

I am using a quali TV to move the dish and see no menus for diseq setup thou ..that's another issue I guess

Thanks

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

The above LNBF can't be skewed. It came from a DirecDuo system where the dish would have to be skewed.

Yes a DiSEqC switch will work with the old LNB.

Thanks for the welcome. This site was a great help as I used the primestar bracket pdf instructions in the "sg2100 on primestar thread"

One more question if i go with a new single output lnb on the pstar dish are there any suggested ones that most use and that can be skewed?

Thanks again

Hi HorsPlyrBil

also welcome to the group. The primestar lnb / hughes is most likely a .07 db NF
most of the newer ones are .04 or .03 the lower the better . granted the one from ebay will bolt right up to the primestar but if your going to pay for one you might as well get one thats better.

i have the big monster QPH031 from Invacom and its a quad with 2 linear & 2 circular. maybe a little over kill. but there are others out there also listed in the review section . I just recently bought a BSC321S and it is a .04 db ... this one pulls in a signal as good and sometimes better than my big one listed above , i was really impressed with it.

i used my primestar lnb for about two weeks before upgrading. i only used one side also till i got a switch.

some of the gold sponsors listed at the top have lnbs , these were just the ones i've tried. others are listed in the review forum.

Depends on the LNB holder, I crack open my LNB to expose the 20mm neck then they fit right onto the P* LNB holder.

Invacom make GREAT LNB's and are gold sponsors here, the XtremeII LNBF is also very popular.

Attachments

• Pict0119.JPG
    Pict0119.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Pict0120.JPG
    Pict0120.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Pict0121.JPG
    Pict0121.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 198
I've used a couple Sadoun duals on a Primestar dish. The singles don't work well because they don't have the 20mm neck when you crack the case off. The duals do :)

If he's got the P* on a motor already, isn't the dish skewing instead of just the lnb, so he should be good to go?

If he's got the P* on a motor already, isn't the dish skewing instead of just the lnb, so he should be good to go?

correct. But I donot know if the person has a motorized or just used the info to make a mount for his Primestar (I had a P* dish with no mounting bracket on the back so I had to make one) :)

I have the dish mounted on a sg2100 motor. Fine tuning tommorow

Would the Xtreme II .3 lnb be a good replacement for the p* lnb? I've read the good review here and it is reasonable$. Will it bolt right into the existing p* lnb holder. Thats the real quality I'm looking for, something can just use the same bracket easily

Thanks

yes enjoy the fine tuning and get used to it , if you have a lnb no need to rush out and get one but the one you listed is a good one , i want one too just to play with. Its a simple swap like my recent one. remove the old primestar lnb and ( of course i had to remove the 40mm plastic cover on the new lnb i used) i bought a clamp and used 1/2 of it to bolt it down just like in the photos from post #9 of this thread. bolts right up to the mount of the current lnb. Can be found at most hardware stores for a buck or two.

that wont work since Dish uses its own type of switching

the best thing is a 3x4 multiswitch or a 22k would work. If you do the 22k route or Diseqc, you would need 2 of each satellite listed (one for V only and one for H only)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)