HughesNet or WildBlue

Why would they have a service with a 5 GB limit if they have another one that is cheaper?

Who knows, 6 months ago when I upgraded my phone the prices were the other way around.

You will half to buy a phone and sign a 2 year contract. A laptop card wont be to useful since the only plan has a 5GB limit. Another plus with a phone is you can have your internet with you all the time, in one compact device. I would recommend a phone with Windows Mobile on it if your not going to get voice services. Skype has a program for WM but ive never tried it. The refurbished version of my phone is down to $109, but I would recommend getting a smart phone before you go right to a Pocket PC.

Hello satellite ISP users,

My in-laws live in an area where they only option is dial-up or satellite ISP. As far as I can tell those options are HughesNet or WildBlue. I've seen the service plan options, but I was wondering what others think about the service that is provided. Also, I'd like to know if a home network can be installed (IE: is the equipment provided have a builtin router, etc)

Any help would be great, thanks

Hi, I just wanted to know if you found them anything?

Pleasanton, CA shows 3G on the coverage maps, I looked like some tall hills west of the town where service drops out.

The coverage maps at&t has are horribly inaccurate, You will half to find dead spots yourself.

I live in Pleasanton. My in-laws live in the moutains near Lakehead CA. No cell coverage at their house at all.

Its in their court now. I told them that most here preferred Hughes over WildBlue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts