HughesNet or WildBlue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why would they have a service with a 5 GB limit if they have another one that is cheaper?

Who knows, 6 months ago when I upgraded my phone the prices were the other way around.

You will half to buy a phone and sign a 2 year contract. A laptop card wont be to useful since the only plan has a 5GB limit. Another plus with a phone is you can have your internet with you all the time, in one compact device. I would recommend a phone with Windows Mobile on it if your not going to get voice services. Skype has a program for WM but ive never tried it. The refurbished version of my phone is down to $109, but I would recommend getting a smart phone before you go right to a Pocket PC.

Hello satellite ISP users,

My in-laws live in an area where they only option is dial-up or satellite ISP. As far as I can tell those options are HughesNet or WildBlue. I've seen the service plan options, but I was wondering what others think about the service that is provided. Also, I'd like to know if a home network can be installed (IE: is the equipment provided have a builtin router, etc)

Any help would be great, thanks

Hi, I just wanted to know if you found them anything?

Pleasanton, CA shows 3G on the coverage maps, I looked like some tall hills west of the town where service drops out.

The coverage maps at&t has are horribly inaccurate, You will half to find dead spots yourself.

I live in Pleasanton. My in-laws live in the moutains near Lakehead CA. No cell coverage at their house at all.

Its in their court now. I told them that most here preferred Hughes over WildBlue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)