Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today Hulu launches its Live TV service, for $39.99 a month which also includes the Regular Hulu Service.

Channels currently available (as of May 3rd, 2017)

A&E
ABC (on demand only)
Adult Swim
Boomerang Bravo
BTN Cartoon Network
CBS
CBS Sports Network
Chiller
CNBC
CNN
CNN International
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
E!
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPN U
Food Network
FOX
Fox Business
Fox News
FS1
FS2
Fox Sports RSNs
Freeform
FX
FXM
FXX
FYI
Gold (no idea what this one is?)
History
HLN
HGTV
Lifetime
LMN
MSNBC
NAT GEO Wild
National Geographic
NBC
NBCSN
Oxygen
POP!
SEC Network
Sprout
Syfy
TBS
TCM
Telemundo
TNT
Travel Channel
Tru
USA
Viceland

Locals are not available in all markets, also RSN's are available.

DVR service is available for $14.99 a month which gives you 200 hours of recording space (price seems high to me) and may not work on all channels.

For an additional $14.99 you can watch on unlimited devices in yours house at one time (and on up to 3 devices outside the house)

Showtime is currently the only premium channel available for $8.99 a month

For more information check out https://www.hulu.com/live-tv

$14.99 a month for dvr, and it's limited? That's ridiculous for a streaming service. They must be trying to kill this at launch...

I've been waiting for this to launch, trying to decide between it and PsVue. I guess they just made my decision for me...

Reactions: comfortably_numb
It says the base plan comes with 50 hours of cloud dvr storage. The $14 is to expand it.

Going to give it a try. I already pay $11 for no commercial hulu. That and live will run me $43. So I am in reality getting the live tv for $32, which is pretty cheap for the selection.

It says the base plan comes with 50 hours of cloud dvr storage. The $14 is to expand it.

Going to give it a try. I already pay $11 for no commercial hulu. That and live will run me $43. So I am in reality getting the live tv for $32, which is pretty cheap for the selection.
It says the $39 includes the entire Hulu library

Any free trial and what devices?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Any free trial and what devices?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I did not notice a free trial, but I just went into manage my account and added it.

Right now it works with Chromecast, xbox one, new apple tv, ios and and android.

Has coming soon for roku, fire tv, and various smart tvs.

You can also watch with a browser.

I disagree when you consider it includes Hulu in the price. If you are already paying for that, it is one of the cheapest ways to get live tv.

Yeah don't get me wrong I like the idea but for some there will be other things you will have to pay to get content that this is still does not provide. The time you add Netflix or other channels that folks still have to pay a monthly fee to get it still starts adding up. So again it just depends on what people want but what people view will always vary from person to person.

I'm a little shocked that they would launch without support for Roku and Fire TV! Also, in my area only two(CBS & FOX)of the four major networks are available, but the price is still the same as areas that get all four? I'll be interested to hear about video quality compared to Vue/Sling/DirectTVnow.

I'm a little shocked that they would launch without support for Roku and Fire TV! Also, in my area only two(CBS & FOX)of the four major networks are available, but the price is still the same as areas that get all four? I'll be interested to hear about video quality compared to Vue/Sling/DirectTVnow.

DirectvNOW still doesn't support Roku either

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)