HWS losing Internet...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stealth97

Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Los Angeles
My HWS and Joey keep losing Internet connection. One minute it seems good and the next it loses it. Then after a while its back. I've tried unplugging and re plugging, but it still happens. Any advice?

Also, Joey seems to lose connection with hopper occasionally and will search for hopper to connect to. It's been happening more lately after being great for over a month. Same with the Internet.

I thought the HWS had a built in wi-fi, but the installer put in one of those USB wifi devices. Internet seems good on other devices.

What bothers me the most is the Joey having the occasional drop and have it go into searching mode for the hopper. Is this common?

I thought the HWS had a built in wi-fi, but the installer put in one of those USB wifi devices. Internet seems good on other devices.

What bothers me the most is the Joey having the occasional drop and have it go into searching mode for the hopper. Is this common?

So, you have an HWS and it also has the USB wi-fi device? I wonder if that is causing an issue. The built-in battling the USB......

HwS has built-in WiFi however the advantage to the dongle would be placement. That is, if the HwS software is designed to handle the two WiFi radios properly.

Should I remove the wifi USB (Or whatever it is called)? I checked my joey this morning and the broadband indicated that it did not detect a router, however my Internet is working with all my other devices. I.e. iPad, iPhone
Checked again. It detects the router but says that Internet not available. It is still available on other devices.

And yes my Joey is connected with coax. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has definitely happened more recently. As far as the Joey losing connection. I rebooted the hopper and the Joey again last night, so I will keep an eye on it. If it continues to happen, will dish come out to check out the problem for free?
?thanks For all the replies

Last edited:
I would go into the broadband menu and reset the network. I would also check your signal strength by choosing the wireless setup option from the broadband menu. Maybe you have weak wifi and yes I would remove the USB adapter and just use the internal wifi option. As far as the Joey goes, I would make sure that bridging is enabled on the Hopper w Sling. Network Setup>Broadband>Network Details>Bridging>Enabled

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts