HWS Momentary Audio/Video Dropouts

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Only recently experiencing occasional audio and less often, both audio and video dropouts, on local channels. I'm using high grade HDMI throughout from HWS to Denon 4310ci receiver and from receiver to Panasonic plasma display. I can't state with certainty that it's only on locals but I can say it's occurring nightly on them and have not seen it even once on "cable" channels. This phenomenon will occur whether using my OTA antenna/Hopper OTA module or the Hopper internal tuners. It seems to be occurring during prime time or at least, haven't seen it outside PTAT hours. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

I had OTA audio dropouts that were not repeatable on my Hopper 2k. They stopped when I disconnected the OTA dongle. I also get audio and video dropouts/glitches that are repeatable on my local NBC affiliate. They did not go away when I yanked the dongle. All of this occurred and occurs on recorded content regardless of the time of day. So far, I've been too lazy to watch NBC OTA from another source to see if the dropouts and glitches are DISH generated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)