HWS isssues after S342 update

ae4ac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
After receiving the new software on 4/2 I am having issues. Didn't have before so I assume they are caused by the update. I am experiencing extremely slow remote responses at times. Any action with the remote will at times seem to freeze all actions for a brief time and nothing happens until it eventually continues with the action. Other times it is like it has not gotten the command and finally after a few seconds executes it. Also some DVR programs experience momentary pauses when playing. That is sometimes accompanied by a very brief picture breakup. Also similar pauses after pausing and resuming a live program. And viewing live programs on the linked Joey also have similar pauses. Very frustrating trying to watch at times!

I have tried both hard and soft roboots and check switch routines. None have helped. I contacted DIRT and had conversation with ZachS who asked me to do a couple of troubleshooting actions. After no success with that he informed me that these are known software issues and there is nothing else to do and he would submit a trouble ticket to that effect. He offered no other solutions. So at this point I seem to be stuck with this problem and no fixes. In the past the DIRT team has been more helpful but in this case not so much.

Is anyone else having similar issues? I am aware of the OTA picture breakup issue with the DVR that the software was supposed to address, but this is a different issue. That seems to have been fixed but evidently it has broken something else. Any suggestions?

Not experiencing such issues with the update. Perhaps more people might report same as S342 continues to roll out

Quite often it takes a reboot to correct slow activity after a new software update. You might try it...