satnewb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 9, 2011
New Baltimore, MI
Got the update Monday night.

A few notable changes:

VOD now shows in the program guide as a channel, along with the HD/SD versions of the channel. I've noticed VOD on History, HBO, Starz, and Encore so far.

Smaller tiles in the DVR recordings list

The Blockbuster/On Demand menu is much different. Not sure if I like it, but I don't use it a whole lot.

There is an HDMI/CEC option in the diagnostics menu that enables the TV power button to also turn off the HWS with one touch of a button. I've had customers ask about this in the past as I believe most other providers offer a "all off" feature on their remotes, although I find it to be rather insignificant.

My wife noticed the listings in the guide are no longer centered in the time slot, but instead are aligned to the left side of the time window. She doesn't like it, but again, it's pretty minor.

Anybody else notice anything?

Glad to know we have an update coming. Sure hope it takes care of the audio dropout problem, getting real tired of it. Probably won't get to me for another week or two so someone will have all the info by then - wish Dish would let us know what fixes & changes are in the updates!

I got it last night. Not seeing smaller tiles in recordings list.

The search is supposed to be improved as is the Help Screen which I hear are very well done. Give them a try and let us know your feedback.

Anybody else seen the new update yet? Just wondering if it's still going out.

Have not seen it yet. When it does I will check all the remote control color buttons for any changes and update the Sticky Color Button thread.

Still S316 here also. Among the first to get the previous updates, AFAICT. Also, three months between updates this time???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)