HWS vs H3 video quality for 4k tv

niceguypmp3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2013
south central iowa
Hi all! I just recieved a brand new 2020 model LG OLED 55" tv and i have a HWS currently. The video quality doesn't look as good as i thought it would on this new tv. i understand that my HWS is not pushing out 4k video or even 1080p but i guess i assumed it would still look better than it does. I think my HWS is on it's way out as it's been recently doing restarts and freezes for no reason. It is about 5 years old. If i upgrade to a H3, do the regular channels look any better at all or what would be the benefits with my 4k tv? i know there is some 4k programming but i just wasn't sure if the rest of the channels look any better at all with the faster more powerful receiver. Also, we currently have two HWS on the same dish. If we get a H3 with a Joey, does the Joey have access to "on demand" movies and netflix or only the H3 does? we both watch netflix and on demand movies and that needs to be possible. If the Joey can't access netflix or on demand movies, what should we get then? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks everyone!

I am going to try to tweak my settings to see if i can improve my screen quality. so from the sounds of it, i'd be ok ordering a regular joey with the H3 because the joey can access both on demand and netflix, correct? the joey would be going on a regular hdtv, not 4k so we dont need a 4k joey as far as i know.

Reactions: HipKat
another question, what about youtube on the joey? my wife is watching youtube on her hws currently and is worried that a joey might not be able to access it. thanks guys!

I have the HWS...…..I went from a 55" Samsung to 75" Samsung & the picture is very good
YouTube is fine. I went into the YouTube settings & changed it to 1080P, even thou the HWS
will only display 1080i instead of auto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)