Hybrid LNB Wiring Diagrams

I currently use a HWS and mirror through component to the bedroom TV. Would I need a hub, but no tap? Current dish picks up 72, 77, 61.5 (Louisville, KY locals). I assume all outputs on H3 are live allowing mirroring.

Currently have a 1000.4 for my HWS setup. Will the dish have to be swapped out for a 1000.2 to support the EA Hybrid LNBF or can it just replace the current 3 EA LNBF? The wiring would then go into a hybrid solo hub feeding a single TV setup.

I currently use a HWS and mirror through component to the bedroom TV. Would I need a hub, but no tap? Current dish picks up 72, 77, 61.5 (Louisville, KY locals). I assume all outputs on H3 are live allowing mirroring.

Just an FYI, you'll have an extra wing dish when upgrading to H3. The new hybrid LNBF on eastern Arc only gets 61.5 and 72, so a wing dish at 77 will be needed for the locals. A western Arc Dish will work too (119/110/129) with the hybrid LNBF and a wing dish at 77. Though I was told that a single dish solution will be coming later this year.

Currently have a 1000.4 for my HWS setup. Will the dish have to be swapped out for a 1000.2 to support the EA Hybrid LNBF or can it just replace the current 3 EA LNBF? The wiring would then go into a hybrid solo hub feeding a single TV setup.
Good question. Dish Customer Service says it requires a 1002 dish - my installer says the hybrid LNB works fine on the 1004 with zero problems & that's what he's done so far. Since I was a bit confused, I had him switch mine out to the 1002 but I'd love to know what the real story is myself.

Good question. Dish Customer Service says it requires a 1002 dish - my installer says the hybrid LNB works fine on the 1004 with zero problems & that's what he's done so far. Since I was a bit confused, I had him switch mine out to the 1002 but I'd love to know what the real story is myself.
Is the 1000.4 a bigger dish than the 1000.2?

You were smart to have him change the dish. The focal point of the 1000.2(K2) and 1000.4(K4) is different and the K2 LNB does not work as good on the K4 dish at all. The signal numbers are usually much lower. It works and it's easy, but it isn't right.

Looking for a wiring diagram to hook up a VIP211 to port 2 on a hybrid LNB. Port 1 is in use with a Hopper 3 system. Do I need to add a power inserter (or other?) to the port 2 coax dedicated to the VIP211?

Looking for a wiring diagram to hook up a VIP211 to port 2 on a hybrid LNB. Port 1 is in use with a Hopper 3 system. Do I need to add a power inserter (or other?) to the port 2 coax dedicated to the VIP211?

99.99% sure the vip receivers will not work with a dph lnb.

No, you need to add a second dish and LNB....

I currently have to H2's and 2 joeys. Can i upgrade to two H3's and two 4k joeys.... we prefer to keep our content separate from the none tech savy users in the house lol...

I currently have to H2's and 2 joeys. Can i upgrade to two H3's and two 4k joeys.... we prefer to keep our content separate from the none tech savy users in the house lol...

As of now you are only allowed 1 H3 on an account... Dish has said they are working to eventually allow you to have 2 H3 but no date was confirmed as to when

I wonder how he is doing that without modifying the arm of the 1000.4. The support arm of the 1000.4 is thicker than that of the 1000.2, in fact the arm of the 1000.2 will fit into the 1000.4. Because the 1000.4 support arm is thicker, the bracket that holds the LNBF will not fit, also the holes that the bracket mounts into do not line up. He is either using some modification or is feeding you a line. I did a modification on 1000.4 to fit the bracket, using a piece of the 1000.2 arm and shortening the 1000.4 arm to 19" as it was before. It seems that because of the focal distance, the LNBF did not perform as well for me as the 1000.2. With some fiddling you could probably shorten the arm to the correct focal distance, but then again, the point at which the signal reflects back up to the LNBF might not be optimal even then, since the DPH LNBF wasn't designed to be used with that antenna.

Reactions: JSheridan
I wonder how he is doing that without modifying the arm of the 1000.4. The support arm of the 1000.4 is thicker than that of the 1000.2, in fact the arm of the 1000.2 will fit into the 1000.4. Because the 1000.4 support arm is thicker, the bracket that holds the LNBF will not fit, also the holes that the bracket mounts into do not line up. He is either using some modification or is feeding you a line. I did a modification on 1000.4 to fit the bracket, using a piece of the 1000.2 arm and shortening the 1000.4 arm to 19" as it was before. It seems that because of the focal distance, the LNBF did not perform as well for me as the 1000.2. With some fiddling you could probably shorten the arm to the correct focal distance, but then again, the point at which the signal reflects back up to the LNBF might not be optimal even then, since the DPH LNBF wasn't designed to be used with that antenna.
I *think* he is just swapping the arms out & mounting the hybrid LNB. That way, he doesn't have to realign much, if any. I can tell you that my signal strength on the 02 dish is 3 to 4 points lower across the board than while on the 04. Either it's just not as finely tuned or, the smaller dish has a bit of drop-off.