I am having setup probelms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lennux

Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Barbados
Happy New Year to you all.

I have just brought a dreambox 500s plus a 120cm dish, and a Sadoun ULN2 universal dual linear ku 0.4 db LNBF.

I have spent the whole christmas and new year trying to setup up this dream box and still cannot get any channels.

I have the pli-jade image and the cccamd installed I have also downloaded the captains setting, all different channles are there but I keep getting the message wait while the motor is turning.

I have gone up on the roof and manual turn the dishand no joy.

Then I came accross this thread.

I just wander if any solve this issue from paolo , I am a very patient guy but there are so much a human can take.

Please help missing all that footie

I am living in Barbados now

Happy New Year to you all.

I have just brought a dreambox 500s plus a 120cm dish, and a Sadoun ULN2 universal dual linear ku 0.4 db LNBF.

I have spent the whole christmas and new year trying to setup up this dream box and still cannot get any channels.

I have the pli-jade image and the cccamd installed I have also downloaded the captains setting, all different channles are there but I keep getting the message wait while the motor is turning.

I have gone up on the roof and manual turn the dishand no joy.

Then I came accross this thread.

I just wander if any solve this issue from paolo , I am a very patient guy but there are so much a human can take.

Please help missing all that footie

I am living in Barbados now

Lennux,

First of all, :welcome to SatelliteGuys (and gals). We are glad that you joined us.

I cannot give you specifics about images and plug-ins for your DreamBox receiver. But, I don't think you need most or any of the plug-ins or cams. I think they deal more with non-FTA purposes.

I am using an AZBox Premium, which is also a Linux OS based box and very similar to the Dreamboxes in a few ways, although not the same machine.

My recommendation to you is to concentrate on your dish alignment first. Have you ever set up a FTA system before? There are some specific instructions that you must follow to get started. Since I do not know what you know, you may have to present more information so that I and others that come to assist you will understand where you are at in your knowledge and training level with satellite TV setups.

This is not a very complex hobby, but there are many diversities and everyone's system is unique.

Please provide a very detailed list of your equipment and what you have accomplished thus far and what you have found for results (what doesn't work and what does).

First of all, what is your site's longitude position? That will determine which satellite you should be examining first. Whatever your longitude degree is, will be the same orbital degree of your truest or nearest due south satellite. You need to know this to set up a morotized system.

Before I try to go into major discussions, lets start with the information that I isted above. You already mentioned some of your equipment, but please list them and all the rest in detail. Sometimes the equipment you have makes a very big difference in how we troubleshoot the situation. Even a slight variance in the model or version can change the whole scheme of things.

Such as the motor, you didn't list that. So what make and model is this?

Do you have any "switches" installed yet?

RADAR

There isn't enough information to makie a determination and many things could be the cause. A 120cm dish is large and if it is fixed he need to know which satellite position to point the dish at. I have a motorized system, and my problem at first was the motor elevation which wasn't mentioned in the literature. If the dish is pointed correctly, and the RG-6 cables are connected correctly he should be picking up the signal from the satellite. I agree that the switches souldn't be connected until he know that his receiver is picking up channels.

Hi Guys
Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly. First of all I am very green when it comes to setting up a satellite system.

To your questions: I have not setup a FTA system before I simply follow treads from different forums and got lost along the way.

Hardware system: Dreambox 500S, Fortec Star 120CM satellite dish (not motorised) just with floor brackets, Sadoun ULN2 universal dual linear ku 0.4 db LNBF[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].

After many reinstallation of images on the the dreambox I final found an image which I believe is compatible after reading many treads. And the image is Pli-Jade Think Green. I then downloaded the CCcamd3 9.02 and its config file. After doing so I tried to scan many satellites pointing east and west and no locks was found, so i downloaded the captain picard settings that was recommended on a few other forums. This intern gave me many Satellites and channels on my dreambox, If I scroll through the list and select a satellite and then scroll through the channels and select a channel, in the information bar its read SVR 63% AGC 100% BER 0%, it shows me the channel name etc but this error message appears on all satellites and all channel: Please wait while the motor is turning to 00.0E or W I put 00.0 depending on the satellite and channels I want to view.

Reading through Poalo tread I found a link that gives you the recommended satellite for Barbados and it is LyngSat website and it recommends that I use Intelsat 14 at 45.0W which I was about to upload on the dreambox because for some reason the satellite is not present, and in doing so turn the dish in that direction.
I do not know what switches I need and i don't even think I have any, I am pretty sure that I have connected the RG 6 Cable correctly on the in position on the dreambox and on the position one on the LNB.

Regards to pointing the dish in the right direction I am currently looking at the dishpointer website and low and behold Intelsat 14 is not there, So I am going to try IntelSat 1R at 45.0W
[/FONT]
iw_close.gif
iw_plus.gif
Full-screen
iw_minus.gif
Address: Barbados, St Philip
Latitude: 13.1261°
Longitude: -59.4421°

And see if that works but please feel free to tell me if I am doing the right think or not. I hope that I have given you the information you needed. Thank you guys
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)