I am not admitting defeat!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WyrTwister said:
Sound is probably AC3 , which my Fortec Ultra does not seem to decode . Bit my PCI DVB-S cards do .

Wyr

My Fortec Ultra doesn't decode them but it sure does a fine job of passing the AC3 audio to the 6.1 reciever.

digiblur said:
My Fortec Ultra doesn't decode them but it sure does a fine job of passing the AC3 audio to the 6.1 reciever.

How do you go about doing this . I have a cheap surround sound system , I wonder if this would work ? Please PM me .

Thanks ,
wyr

Perseverence

Again, Congrats Larry! This is a lesson for me not to give up on things.
I must admit, I almost threw in the towel myself. I was actually thinking on ways to sell my receiver...LOL..... I'm glad I din't give up.
Now, I can't waite to find another dish for my extra lnb. That one will be parked at SBS6 for the sports feed. I also like having ONN. :)

Keep on scanin!

Boy oh boy I LOVE RTN! Was watching Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley while getting ready this am. It is still very overcast and rainy, and my signal was between 53% and 66% depending what tp i was on. YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my main problem was, I wasn't hearing it right about the blind scan. I have set up tons of DSS systems, and with those you just watch the signal strength on the screen. So I thought, set the menu to G10, watch for signal. Of course I got nothing. I had it in my mind that you had to have a locked signal in order to blind scan. So, after being told a million times to blind scan, I finally read in a thread about it not mattering what sat you are on in the menu. So, once I had that conqured, it was all easy after that!

Forgot to add, that last night I moved off of G13 a nudge, and I actually increased the signal on g13 up to 77%. So back up I went, a nudge more. Blind scan. 268 tv and 10 radio - all scrambled though. OK, on 121 now (Thanks Iceberg) and so I went a half a nudge, still on 121, but saw I was only at 20%. SO, 1 more nudge - more like I blew on the dish, ok no more signal on 121, did a blind scan. Iceberg gave me a tip that I could just do a v scan, so I cancelled it out - saw call letters from a g10 station. Smiled, but didn't want to get too happy. Let it scan, and there they were! Took the little 5" b&w tv up with me, adjusted everything I could and got it peaked 53-60% (cloudy last night). So now I just need to secure some cables, shorten up one and a done for G10! Poor Iceberg...he devoted about 3 hours to my pm's last night. I sure don't know what I would have done without all the help! As for the cable run, I just used an existing cable that is buried for a second feed from my Dish Network that is unused.

I LOVE The Tube! It reminds me of the good old days when MTV played music videos :) I still remember the rocket ship blasting off and Kurt Loader and the others "VJ's" :)

I owe my thanks to the help I have received from this site, and to Iceberg for his hours of personal help! And I would like to thank you too, Sadoun! Great gear, great prices and well taken care of! I will be ordering all my FTA supplies from you! I hope I can help others someday, although I am far from an expert at this point :)

My daughter was hooked on the Mork & Mindy show when she was little too! We allways watched it with her and some of the first words she learned to say when she started to talk was from that show..... That just goes to show you MY age>>>> LOL

BryanSR

iafirebuff, when will you start on your next dish ???? AMC 4, IA 6 or IA 5, how about SBS 6? there's more to see. IA5 would be good one especially the music side. :)

Well, I would normally think I would jump in ang get a motor and see it all, but looking at whats on the other sats, G10 and IA7 is the only thing that interests me. So, I don't know! Kinda weird...I usually go all out when I do something new :)

Just curious, I see people refering to picture quality and signal quality. My Fortec has the signal quality, but does it have a picture quality reading? If it does, I must be over looking it.

picture quality is just what it loks like on the TV...some channels (the Int'l stuff) can be really crappy. G10 stuff is good due to it being sent to cable companies

oh and "The Tube" is actually Retro Jams....the Tube use to be there

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts