I am not admitting defeat!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, it has been 18 hours since I beacme "hooked", and all ready I ordered a "fix". Just ordered a KUL 1 LNBF from Sadoun and a switch. I figure this will take care of me for awhile :) A motor will be on my short list sometime this year :) I have to get my wife's home office all set up so she can watch while she is working. And my daughter wants a feed in her room too...SO, now to figure out the hook ups! :)

sounds like the family is going to like having FTA

Larry have you checked our your "hometown station" KWWF 22?

iafirebuff said:
Yes I did. Looks better than it does over the air :) I suppose I am getting the signal before it is retransmitted locally.

Your probally seeing the signal on FTA before its transmitted locally, those stations are uplinked for cable companies and their distant OTA stations, as their programmed "centrally" from Equity's HQ then feed via Cband and KU to the cable companies and 'OTA transmitter sites' At least that's how I understand it.

--Matt

iafirebuff said:
Retro Jams! Me like :)
If you like Retro Jams, you would have LOVED The Tube. Unfortunately, they moved it from G-10R Ku band to G-3 C-band, so you'd need a bigger dish. (like Chief Brody needed a bigger boat :) )

They kept the Tube ID tag on that transponder, that's why it still scans in as "THE TUBE". I'm considering a C-band setup just for Galaxy 3, that's how good The Tube was (is)...

123tim said:
I had a lot of trouble when I first started, then I discovered that signal bar on the first setup screen was locking up. I found that if I went into setup, and then to the positioner setup screen, that the signal bar seemed much more responsive and didn't lock up.

Quote (iafirebuff) : "I will try that. Is that in the manual scan screen?"

Sort of a moot point now, :) but I was talking about the screen where you can choose Usals or DISEqC for the motor drive. I guess that would be the manual screen.

Congratulations on G10r!

They kept the Tube ID tag on that transponder, that's why it still scans in as "THE TUBE". I'm considering a C-band setup just for Galaxy 3, that's how good The Tube was (is)...

Tron
Tube is on AMC3 (87W), not G3 with the other Equity channels. One thing with those is you need a SOLID signal to keep those going. i had a 50 on the Pansat and it STILL kept breaking up

I am a fan of Retro Jams, but it is starting to annoy me a bit.

Seems like everytime I turn it on lately the song playing is Abba's Dancing Queen or that Love Is In The Air song.

Some videos on that channel are WAY overplayed.

Seems like everytime I turn it on lately the song playing is Abba's Dancing Queen or that Love Is In The Air song.

true....there is a fair amount of repetition. But its still a good channel

some days you get 6 or 7 real good songs and the other night it was 4 turds in a row

Man I am old! I was watching Retro Jams, and it was just like back in the early 80's watching MTV. Then the Village People came on with In The Navy - it about brought a tear to my eye. Oh to be old :) My 8yr old daughter asked me if they had any "neww stuff" on that channel :) About an hour later while I was setting up a favorite list for her, she said "make sure you put that music channel in there" - so she does like it :) My wife was singing along to one of the songs, and my daughter asked her "how do you KNOW the words to THAT?"

Just yet another question - if I go and scan the sat with my Fortec, will it just add anything it finds, or does it overwrite what is already there? The reason I asked, is that I went in and renamed some stations, and was hoping that it would not erase them :)

When you scan, it will show those channels with the new names. Newest channels at the end of the list. The rest are where they should be :)

Iceberg said:
Tron
Tube is on AMC3 (87W), not G3 with the other Equity channels. One thing with those is you need a SOLID signal to keep those going. i had a 50 on the Pansat and it STILL kept breaking up
Thanks, I've gotta read more carefully when I'm checking Lyngsat. I wonder if a 6' would cut AMC3 in New Orleans... If I can ever get a C-band LNB retrofitted on that 6' spun aluminum Ku dish, I can do some experimenting :)

iafirebuff said:
Man I am old! I was watching Retro Jams, and it was just like back in the early 80's watching MTV. Then the Village People came on with In The Navy - it about brought a tear to my eye. Oh to be old :) My 8yr old daughter asked me if they had any "neww stuff" on that channel :) About an hour later while I was setting up a favorite list for her, she said "make sure you put that music channel in there" - so she does like it :) My wife was singing along to one of the songs, and my daughter asked her "how do you KNOW the words to THAT?"
What made The Tube so good IMO was the fact that they played a great mix of the best of the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. "Dancing Queen" could have been followed directly by something from the Dave Matthews Band. Long Live The Tube! :) (even if on C-band :( )

Tron, have you taken an OTA antenna and a digital tuner and searched your local stations for The Tube? The Huntsville NBC carries it as a 3rd digital channel. The UPN affiliate in Birmingham will be bringing it on line sometime soon as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)