I am not admitting defeat!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
SNG is the id, it appears to be an ABC station. It has the fella that is underwater on :) Where is a good place for me to id these statons at?

Last edited:
that one is KWTO 2, the ABC from Casper, WY

the next transponder (12114) should have a UPN which is KFDF

hehe I know :) I will be good though. Gotta do some dishes and make supper. Will be back. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE and ICEBERG for devoting your evening to me :)

Awesome!! Welcome to G10.... I'd buy the motor before I bought another LNB, it would be more bang for the buck. I couldn't imagine not being able to go from G11, to SBS 6 for sport feeds, to AMC9 for crazy reporter bloopers, stop off at Nimiq for a little music, and then back to G10R for some UPN or RTN.

When is "I am not admitting defeat! - Part II - The Motor"??

iafirebuff said:
I can;t seem to find a way to blind scan without telling it what satellite I am on. Is there a way on the Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA?

Just add a new sat named TEST or something and manually add one transponder . I have done this on my Fortec Ultra . Then blind scan it to your heart's content .

Wyr

iafirebuff said:
So it doesn't matter what the satellite name is in the antenna setup menu? So lets see if I understand this.

I will go out, set my elevation, etc and hook the meter up. After I peak it, etc, then I hit scan and it doesn't matter what satellite name I have it set on in the menu so long as I ahve my LNB type, correct?

What I have done, is when I get it peaked according to the sat finder meter, I manually have been selecting atellites to see if I have any signal quality. I will wait to hear back, then will try that out. THANKS!!!!

Best I remember , you may not see any signal quality on the receiver untill you are on an active TP , on the sat you are aimed at ?

Wyr

Scott Greczkowski said:
My motor died, so I am now locked on G10R. However I must admit I would rather have a bunch of dishes locked down on specific satellites then have a motor. :) (Of course my wife would KILL me!) :D

With my motor I had nothing but issues, and one day it would lock on fine the next day the motor would be off a bit....

Never had that problem w/ either of my 2 motors ..........

Wyr

iafirebuff said:
I have a few channels that have picture but no audio

Sound is probably AC3 , which my Fortec Ultra does not seem to decode . Bit my PCI DVB-S cards do .

Wyr

iafirebuff said:
Should I admit this - I am now watching Mork and Mindy :)

Not quite as bad , at least they were straight , although I wonder about Robin Williams , now ..............................
Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)