I am not admitting defeat!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
iafirebuff said:
What I have done, is when I get it peaked according to the sat finder meter, I manually have been selecting atellites to see if I have any signal quality. I will wait to hear back, then will try that out. THANKS!!!!

Which is why you haven't been finding anything....

Pick a KU sat with the correct LNB and L.O. - start moving the dish, if you blind scan around the sky today about 30 - 40 times I'm sure you will find something.

iafirebuff said:
So it doesn't matter what the satellite name is in the antenna setup menu? So lets see if I understand this.

I will go out, set my elevation, etc and hook the meter up. After I peak it, etc, then I hit scan and it doesn't matter what satellite name I have it set on in the menu so long as I ahve my LNB type, correct?

What I have done, is when I get it peaked according to the sat finder meter, I manually have been selecting atellites to see if I have any signal quality. I will wait to hear back, then will try that out. THANKS!!!!

when you think you are in the neighborhood of a satellite, just blind scan. Doesn't matter what satellite you are on in the setup. As long as a the menu is set up right, just blind scan. As noted, you can always delete them later :)

That's what I did with my C-Band setup. Left it on G4 and scanned. Hit stuff on IA5 so I moved dish and rescanned G4. Once I got the channels I wanted, I went in and deleted all the channels and rescanned them in :)

OK, THANKS! I think I have the blind scan confusion cleared up. I was going to give it atry this afternoon, but I fell asleep :) Maybe I will a little later tongiht, after dark. I am sure the neighbors are wondering why I keep sitting on my shed's roof :)

I am sure the neighbors are wondering why I keep sitting on my shed's roof :)
my neighbor wonders the same :)

My wife did find her old little 5" tv, so I have that to take out with me. It is a lottle easier than using the radios :)
cool. The old 5 inch TV works really good

iafirebuff said:
My wife did find her old little 5" tv, so I have that to take out with me. It is a lottle easier than using the radios :)
iafirebuff,

Hope that you don't mind me putting my two cents worth in.

1.) I hope that your TV is a color set. B&W doesn't work very well for me with Fortecs color scheme.

2.) I had a lot of trouble when I first started, then I discovered that signal bar on the first setup screen was locking up. I found that if I went into setup, and then to the positioner setup screen, that the signal bar seemed much more responsive and didn't lock up.

There you have it - Two cents worth. :)

Good luck and don't give up!

iafirebuff, when I first set mine up, I didn't have no clue about ku band and FTA. I set up c band dishes, Scientific Atlanta and Motorola receivers at work so I'm a little use to setting up commercial dishes and receivers but ku is a horse of a different color. I used an old Primestar dish and didn't change anything when I put it on the pole. With no signal meter, I moved it over just a little and done a blind search with no results, moved it over a little and found something. hmmm? From there I went on looking for G10R and found it in 2 days. O BOY !!! I was happy now. Since then I have added another PS dish and found IA5 and now I have both tied in to my set up. I have so much to watch, I don't know what to think. Anyhow good luck, the first time you do this, you learn a lot and the more you do it, the easier it is.

OK, I went out at 930 cst. I got the ladder out, unrolled 100' extension cord, unrolled 100' coax, hook in meter, got tools, got receiver, got tv took out to my shed. Put on the nerd radio station in the shed....Climbed on roof, peaked meter, etc. Did blind scan, GOT SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! logged it all, marked mast (was off a hair from where I thought I shold be earlier), put everything away in just 1 hour. Next thread will have what I got! THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iafirebuff said:
OK, I went out at 930 cst. I got the ladder out, unrolled 100' extension cord, unrolled 100' coax, hook in meter, got tools, got receiver, got tv took out to my shed. Put on the nerd radio station in the shed....Climbed on roof, peaked meter, etc. Did blind scan, GOT SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! logged it all, marked mast (was off a hair from where I thought I shold be earlier), put everything away in just 1 hour. Next thread will have what I got! THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are all sitting here in suspense!! ;) (Like a kid at christmas before the first gift is opened)

Let me be the first to say :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up

Here is what I got when I scanned:

NOTE - 5" b&w tv - some #'s hard to read:

11872 V 30000
12014 V 30000
12074 V 30000
12134 V 30000
11714 H 26761 ?
11774 H 30000
11872 H 17038 ?
11917 H 30000
12091 H 30000
12167 H 30000

Here are the channel id's I got -

SKL1
PAC-1 * VIEWABLE - JAPENESE?
CQTV
CSGD
CSLN
CSFJ
SXTV
ITV
PAC2
SNOM
SNOT
NEWS
AAD
SKLZ
CH16 - TEST PATTERN
HOTS

Signal quality 60-65% - I did not peak it and it is not locked down tight, but marked and a little tighten down.

So does anyone know where I am? It looks by my eye to be a little west of my dish 500 dish. THANKS again to everyone for their help! At least I know it works! I am watching Japanese with english subtitles on PAC1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a STRONG satellite I locked onto to it yesterday with 2/3 of an 18" dish, only got two channels!

I have PAC1 that I can watch unscrambled and CH16 is a test pattern only. All others come up scrambled. At least I know it all works!!!!!!! And if I didnt blind scan, then I would still not have it. It did'nt show any signal until I scanned. It is starting to make sense. Now to g10! Gee, I would rather spend an hour at 930 pm than 4 or 5 hours during the light :)

Make sure to mark the pole and elevation before you maove anything :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts